Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 38 kudos

Resolved! Hub5x - Support with network workarounds

Hi all, Today I had Virgin Media FTTP installed and a large part of my move to Virgin Media was that I felt secure in the knowledge that the Hubs provided had the option to operate in modem mode. It has since transpired that this is not the case with...

WiFi pod setup

I received a pod today, one of the new hexagon ones with two Ethernet Ports. The instructions say just plug in and go but it’s not working with Ethernet.I have previously used tp link plugs where you need two plugs to make the connection through the ...

Loss of internet to Smart TV

Hi everyone,Before I try to answer my own question can I please explain that on previous posts you've always been helpful in explaining why in my son's room upstairs at the back of the house was a 'hot spot' due to the hub /router being further away ...

VM issue with Sky Stream Puck, Sky Glass and Sky Q

I have VM 1G and I use a Sky Stream Puck for TV connected via ethernet. It has worked fine since it was installed 6 months ago.This morning the Sky Stream puck will not connect to the internet. It connects to the router but states no internet. All ot...

amsquared by On our wavelength
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Changing email address

I’ve signed up with the wrong email address and haven’t been able to access my account or get my contract. I haven’t had much help with it so I hope someone can tell me what I should do!! Thanks 

zg134 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wi-Fi booster pods

I’ve now made half a dozen calls to VM re: my wi-fi booster pods. I recently got a new Hub and the old pods do not work. I have since found that this is because the VM central team need to link the serial numbers to the new hub. I’ve given the serial...

Markpe by On our wavelength
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Slow Safari Web Browser

We’ve just got Virgin Media Broadband. Our speed is great on our phones and my MacBook EXCEPT when using Safari web browser, when using safari it takes ages for web pages to load.is there a way to fix this?Other web browsers like Google Chrome work m...

Resolved! Router needs replacing

My router is really old and gets so hot I have to shut it down overnight. It takes more than 10 minutes to boot up and sometimes doesn’t kick in at all. I have no idea how to contact VM for help with this. Customer service doesn’t seem to exist and t...

KTed by Joining in
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos