cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New upload speed (105mb)

ALTiD
Tuning in

Hi all,

Just wondering if there is anything else i need to do to trigger the faster upload speed to my Gig 1 subscription.

I rang VM yesterday who told me to just reboot the router which I did. I have a HUB 4 if that makes any difference. Thanks in advance! 

Router Status.jpgSpeedtest.jpgUpstream.jpg

34 REPLIES 34

It looks like you don't have a DOCSIS 3.1 upstream channel (You'd see five upstream channels, rather than four).

Could explain why your speed hasn't changed.

Thanks for responding. Is this something that I will have to call them about or will someone pick it up here?

Hopefully they will respond on here.

It could be that your area hasn't been updated yet (Physical hardware changes might be required).

Hi ALTiD,

Thanks for using the Community Forums to get this issue with your upload speeds looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration 😥 I would be more than happy to look into this for you!

I have followed @carl_pearce's advice and took a look at your Hub's specs, they are indeed incorrect for the speed that you've been boosted to, plus the channels are out of spec. 

This will need an engineer visit to fix which I can book in for you via a Private Message.

Speak to you soon!

Thanks,

Megan_L

Thanks for getting back to me. Have replied to your private message.

Hi ALTiD,

Thanks for chatting with me in our Private Messages, I have booked in an engineer visit for you, if you need to check or reschedule this for any reason, you can do this yourself on your Online Account or get back in touch with us 🤗

Please let us know how the visit goes!

Thanks,

Megan_L

Fantastic. Thank you!

Hi @ALTiD, no problem at all.

We'll pass on your thanks.

Regards,
Daniel

ALTiD
Tuning in

Update:

Engineer visited this morning and has said the property needs a new cable installed. Will take a couple of weeks to arrange. Hopefully will be sorted then. Thanks for everyone's help so far!

Hi @ALTiD, no problem at all. Thank you for the update 😀

Please keep us posted on how you're getting on.

Regards,
Daniel