cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error and incompetence again & again with contract renewal

Blix99
Joining in

My contract was due to end on the 4th march 2024 (£26 p/m). I contacted VM on the 9th Feb 2024 to negotiate a new contract to start on 5th March 2024 (£31 p/m)

This was all fine, until I received a bill notification on 20th Feb 2024, saying I've changed my package, mid contract, as of the 20th and would be charged £83.40 for these changes until 19th march 2024. All of this is wrong. I made no changes to the current contract. £26 should have just transitioned into £31 on the 5th march 2024. That's it.

The agent i spoke to about the new contract did something wrong with the admin on my new contract. I flagged this overpayment on 26th feb but was told the bill couldn't be amended. Why I have no idea. So now, it 'seems' to be sorted via a selection of odd credits which I'm assured should result in only £31 p/m. However, £83.40 was taken from me in error and against my will.

Secondly, I've repeatedly complained about the dire quality of the outdated Hub3. One of the agents I spoke to did some tests on my Hub 3 and agreed it was faulty. As such, I've not been getting the M250 speeds of my new contract since 5th March 2024 -  No more than 80mbps download and today, as on other occasions, upload of only 2mbps.

He promised to send out a Hub5. Another Hub3 arrived.

So, I have to contact VM again. I always used the chat function, so i have a written record of what has been discussed. This always wastes 1-2 hours each time - over 30 mins I waited for one reply, mid conversation.

This new agent said they would send out a new Hub5 by yesterday - 12th march 2024. Nothing.

I'm on chat again right now, waiting for the last hour, and am just being connected. Even if this results in getting a Hub5 finally sent:

I've been overcharged £52.40, which I needed in my account, rather than being taken without my consent by VM in error.

I've been twice promised a Hub5 and let down twice.

I've not been getting the speed of service I've been paying for, at least for the last week, maybe longer. I understand there is statutory automatic payment for this lack of service for over two days.

For my sins, I've been with VM since they took over NTL - over 20 years. This counts for nothing.
As such, I definitely feel i should be compensated for this shambles.

2 REPLIES 2

Blix99
Joining in

This is what 'Mansih' on chat is now saying - 13/03/2024 - 10:30
"I am really sorry you request for new hub 5 is under review. As you have hub 3 which is also compatible for M250 Fibre Broadband speed package. Once team will meet to conclusion you will be notified on this further. As you have some area fault which is impacting your experience with the internet services."

So, the first agent who said they's send out a Hub5 but sent another useless hub3 - where they just hoping to fob me off?

The second agent who apologised and said they'd sent a Hub5 out but didn't - did they lie to me?

All of this is totally tedious.

Since having the hub3, I can always pick up my neighbour's Wifi stronger than my own. I can't get wifi throughout my house (about 6mtr x 10mtr). I finally had to invest in a Google mesh system

Hi Blix99 👋 Welcome to the community forum! Thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear about these issues with your service, in getting a hub replacement and also with your billing. 

In order for us to investigate what has happened here and offer support we will need to send you a PM to confirm a few bits of account information. Just to avoid any further frustration please do be aware that the community forum is not an instant response service - whilst we do aim to respond as quickly as possible, reply times can vary depending on staff working hours and availability. 

You can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩 We can then return to this public thread with another update when possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly