cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New upload speed (105mb)

ALTiD
Tuning in

Hi all,

Just wondering if there is anything else i need to do to trigger the faster upload speed to my Gig 1 subscription.

I rang VM yesterday who told me to just reboot the router which I did. I have a HUB 4 if that makes any difference. Thanks in advance! 

Router Status.jpgSpeedtest.jpgUpstream.jpg

34 REPLIES 34

The New Uploads link to further information is broken.

wallacri
Joining in

I also have this issue after receiving the below email. My upload speed has not increased. How do i fix this? Thanks.

To thank you for being part of the Virgin Media family, we’re giving your  broadband upload speeds a boost, on the house.

You currently have our Gig1 Fibre Broadband, so your upload speeds will be boosted from 52Mbps to 104Mbps*.

Upload large files faster, share things quicker, and stream online games without a hitch – knowing your new speeds can handle it all.

Here’s what to do

Just reboot the Hub and your speeds will update automatically. Not sure how to do that? It’s easy:

wallacri_0-1687536873405.png

Turn the Hub off using the switch at the back

wallacri_1-1687536873419.png

Wait 10 seconds

wallacri_2-1687536873418.png

Turn the Hub back on. Sorted!

Thanks for alerting us to this wallacri, please can you try this link here and scroll down to 'Our estimated broadband speeds' and you can pick the speed that you have and it will show all the information about your download and upload speeds.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks Steven. My issue is that i should have an upload speed of 104 Mbps. I was sent an email by virgin saying this several weeks ago. However, my upload speed is still 52 Mbps. I have rebooted the HUB several times. How do i get the new upload speed of 104 Mbps?

Hi @wallacri 👋.

Thanks for raising your concerns with us regarding your upload speeds We are still rolling out the upload speeds to the Hubs cater for the 100 mpbs upload speeds, but not all are able to receive that due to the equipment capacities in their area., unfortunately we do not have a timescale for this in your area, but you will receive correspondence when we shall be working in our area to implement this. 

This link below, will give you more information on this:  Virgin Media O2 is boosting upload speeds - Virgin Media Community - 5331071 & https://news.virginmediao2.co.uk/.

Thanks.

Sabrina