cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An error occurred inside the server which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

style1900
Joining in

An error occurred inside the server which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

Stopping me sending all e-mails - just started to happen, off and on, really really annoying, assuming that this is Virgins issue, and nothing I can do about it, apart from cancel all my Virgin subs and go totally with another company.

To send an e-mail should be an easy thing to do!

Price up, quality of service down!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@style1900 Virgin Media's email isn't a paid service - it's a free bolt on that USED to be provided to customers who took a broadband contract.  I say used to as new customers are no longer being offered email, and there seems to be a move to guide all customers to moving to an external email address.

However VM do try and offer support.  Have you tried clearing cache and cookies in your web browser (alternatively switch to incognito mode to access your email as a test). Sometimes if a cookie has become corrupt it can lead to server errors.

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi style1900 thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear you're having difficulties sending emails.   And sorry for any inconvenience this may be causing you.  First of all, is this impacting you on the email client only?  Are you able to send as normal, via our webmail?  Is this issue impacting you on multiple devices?  Have you tried more than one email client?  Also. are the emails that are initially failing to send being sent to the same receiver?  Are they large files?  And lastly (for this first response) have you checked here, for tips, advice and settings?  Do yours match?

Regards

Lee_R

I am also having this problem.

No issues sending or receiving via Outlook.  

The issue is when I try and send an email from my mailbox in the virgin media web mail page,  Even a blank email, no attachments, just a subject line and I get this error message. 

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@style1900 Virgin Media's email isn't a paid service - it's a free bolt on that USED to be provided to customers who took a broadband contract.  I say used to as new customers are no longer being offered email, and there seems to be a move to guide all customers to moving to an external email address.

However VM do try and offer support.  Have you tried clearing cache and cookies in your web browser (alternatively switch to incognito mode to access your email as a test). Sometimes if a cookie has become corrupt it can lead to server errors.

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

style1900
Joining in

I send via the Virgin e-mail page, it is off and on, either all e-mails do not send or e-mails do send, have tried clearing caches but makes no difference, just seems to be a time thing, sometimes late at night or early morning.

Hi style1900

I can see my colleague Lee replied to your post and asked a few questions.

If you could kindly answer these, we can take from there.

Please pop back to us when you can.

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Vikki_M 

Please read Style1900's reply - let me break it down for you:

I send via the Virgin e-mail page,  - i.e. webmail

it is off and on, either all e-mails do not send or e-mails do send,

have tried clearing caches but makes no difference,

just seems to be a time thing, sometimes late at night or early morning.