cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixelation of TV Channels - Fault Ref: F010763089

mswhite
On our wavelength

We are in the SO50 Southampton area and we are getting pixelation quite regularly on all channels. This has been happening for a week or more on all 3 boxes. Rebooting makes no difference. Is there a known fault in the area so do we need to phone support to book a visit? Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ModTeam

Hi there,

We have been advised an issue relating to recent pixelation of TV channels has now been resolved.

Any customers who are experiencing similar difficulties should open a new thread detailing the issue in order for us to assist you further.

We apologise for any disruption this may have caused.

Best,

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

186 REPLIES 186

StewartK
Joining in

Last year I had a problem with pixellation, had an engineer visit and he fitted a small white box between the Tivo and the cable point in the wall. Didn't solve the problem completely but was much better and could watch tv. This week the problem has returned, making certain channels unwatchable. Service status shows no issues, tried running a test but it said 'we can't run a test on your connection right now.' 

My broadband seems to be fine, but I have noticed on my BQM that there is a persistent red line at the top (1-2% loss) which I don't usually have.

Can someone check if there are any issues please.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @StewartK 

Apart from using the /check-services/i  function you could also try the  Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

If your STB keeps having pixelation issues yuo should call it in as a fault. You've posted in the Tivo forum so I'm assuming you have a Tivo box and not the newer V6 box.  If you do need a tech visit and the box needs replacing then since you have broadband with VM  they will swap out the Tivo box for a V6

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'll add the standard advice given to any pixellation queries.

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi StewartK, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

We are very sorry for any issues you have faced with the TV service. 

We have taken a look form our side and can see there is a known outage in your area at the moment and our team are working to get this resolved. 

The customer estimated fix date for this is the 16th May 2pm. 

If problems continue following this time, please do reach back out and our team will be able to assist further. 

Thanks, 

Nat

annie17
Tuning in

I've been having an ongoing problem with pixilation on Tivo V6 live pictures & recordings. I've tried pausing live TV and watching delayed by a short time but problem remains.
4 days ago the problem lasted longer so again I checked all connections, restarted TIVO, & a did a Service Status check using the App before calling VMedia. I was not sure if problem with Tivo or Router.
After been asked to check the Video Output I was advised that the box would need replacing. An engineer was booked & confirmation email received. But on Friday after waiting the required 4-7pm no engineer appeared. I called VMedia but was advised that it was a problem in the area & engineer had been cancelled. I had not been notified of this & tried to explain it was still an ongoing problem. Again there is still a problem, I was able to pause, rewind the picture & take a photo of the problem on Friday evening. So therefore not a fault in the area as previously told. If I had not been home when engineer arrived I would have been charged £25 but no recompense or understanding of my time waiting. I need the box replaced or I'll be replacing VMedia after 20 years.

Hey @annie17,

Welcome back to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear you are still experiencing this, I can certainly look into this issue for you, in order for me to do so I will need to confirm some information from you in a quick private message, if you have not used this feature before I can access it via the envelope at the top of your screen.

Speak to you soon. Joe

janeyh1959
Tuning in

Over the last few days my tv pictures has been pixelating on some channels.doesn’t happen all the time, but it’s annoying. I’ve rebooted TiVo box

any ideas

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks, I did check online and it does say problem with TV in my area so will keep an eye on it