cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixelation on E4

deans6571
Wise owl

Hi.  

I would like to report pixelation on my 360 box - I’ve primarily noticed it when watching E4 and one or two other channels. 

If an engineer is required, unfortunately, I’m only available on Fridays. 

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey deans6571,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post. I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your TV picture on E4 and other channels. 

Are these channels HD channels or standard definition? Are the other channels affected, also channel 4 or E4 channels?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

deans6571
Wise owl

Hi. 

Yep, these are HD channels and I’m also seeing pixelation on the channels you’ve mentioned. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

E4-HD shares a broadcast mux with (amongst others) Eurosport 1HD, Discovery HD, Sky History HD, Crime & Investigation HD & Sky Witness HD.

C4-HD shares with ITV-HD & C4+1 SD. Pixellation is commonly caused by a signal fault, and will usually affect all channels on the multiplex in question.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you for popping back to us @deans6571 are you able to pop the box on so we can run some checks on our side?

@Ashleigh_C wrote:

Thank you for popping back to us @deans6571are you able to pop the box on so we can run some checks on our side?

Hi. 

Nobody is home during the day hence why the box is not actually ON (it’s in Standby). 

We are home and box ON from about 8pm onwards though if you can run checks then?

Hi deans6571,

Pretty sure you keep your box on fast start or active start in which case I thought they could connect to your box, if it's set to active start try setting it to fast start to see if they can connect when they pick up your message.

@roy247 wrote:

Hi deans6571,

Pretty sure you keep your box on fast start or active start in which case I thought they could connect to your box, if it's set to active start try setting it to fast start to see if they can connect when they pick up your message.

Hi.

Ok - will check this tonight.

Thanks.

deans6571
Wise owl

Ok - I've now set my box to Fast Start (was on Active Start before) so hopefully it can be connected to when I'm not home.

deans6571
Wise owl

Just to say that I will be switching my box back to Active Start over the weekend because with Fast Start, it seems my box is always wirring away as if it’s not turned off completely!