cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixelation of TV Channels - Fault Ref: F010763089

mswhite
On our wavelength

We are in the SO50 Southampton area and we are getting pixelation quite regularly on all channels. This has been happening for a week or more on all 3 boxes. Rebooting makes no difference. Is there a known fault in the area so do we need to phone support to book a visit? Thank you.

186 REPLIES 186

radier_101
On our wavelength

I'm experiencing lots of pixelation on my V6 box. It started happening a couple of days ago. I've restarted the box and checked the cables but no difference. Postcode is SA5 7DF. Can anyone help please?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi radier_101 

Have you used the /check-services/i  function? You can also a run a test on your equipment from there. 

If nothing is showing  you could also try the automated Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

TV is still pixelating, intermittently, issue in area sorted according to the helpline. I have rebooted the TIVO box

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and either call in or wait (maybe a couple of days) on here to report it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks, I'll wait on here, the call centre are not overly helpful

Thanks, the check Serices doesn't report any issues. Just wondering if the signal from the cabs is affected by the hot weather?

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@radier_101 wrote:

Thanks, the check Serices doesn't report any issues. Just wondering if the signal from the cabs is affected by the hot weather?

The heat can affect the cabinet itself, but more likely it will affect individual drop lines to customers. If the feed to the TV box runs round an outside wall & your signal levels are already marginal this can be a particular problem.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you're not already, use the automated 0800 5610061 line to check for service status - this is often more localised than the online checker.

But reporting your fault by phone (for an immediate response) is better in these cases.

paul1965
On our wavelength

Hello, 

Recently most of the TV channels get occasionally pixilated... the HD channel I tried watching tonight because just unwatchable... heavy pixilated,  or dropping out...

20230615_201121.jpg

littlewren16
Tuning in

I've had that for the past day or two! Also, a couple of programmes froze and I had to switch off at the wall and then on again. I wonder why?