cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV channels pixelating and stalling

Morphee
Joining in

Im having issues with tv channels pixelating and stalling. This is happening not only on the 2 V6 boxes but also on the tv go browser app. This was also happening on the windows app but tried to reinstall it but is no longer available to download. 
Ive also installed the virgintv go app on my mobile and the same thing is happening. ive tried to call virgin about this but low and behold all i get is the automated system that gets you to reboot your own equipment and that does not seem to be able to connect to any of the boxes in the house.

Anyone here know what the hell is going on? Its been happening for a couple of weeks now and no change

9 REPLIES 9

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Morphee 

If your TV channels are pixellating and stalling you should check the VM cabling, especially the white coaxial.

Have you used the /check-services/i  function for any known faults? You can also a run a test on your equipment from there. 

If nothing is showing  you could also try the automated Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

If nothing showing after checking as above then you should call 150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faults

When calling Faults ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and book the tech for you.

Or wait a day or two and a member of the Forum Team should pick this up for you and arrange a tech visit.

Regarding the TVGo windows app. This hasn't been available for a couple of years now. 

You should access TVGo via a browser on your computer.

https://virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/en/home 

For any additional help with TVGo try the following page

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/tv/how-to-use-virgin-tv-go-app 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your TV box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for reaching out to us on our Community Forums @Morphee, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the issues that have been experienced on the TV services.

Can you please confirm if you have been able to follow the advice offered by your fellow posters and confirm if this is still an ongoing issue?

Thanks

David_Bn

I tried the steps offered above but i was 95% sure this was not an issue with my equipment as it was also happening through the virgin tv go on my internet browsers. Also I compared sky news and sky sports news on my V6 boxes compared to watching them online through the official sky websites.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm not 100% sure on the network architecture but I believe TV Go is fed from either the NHE or the regional head-ends.

Issues would therefore be evident throughout any affected region. They tend to be picked up quite quickly - in contrast to single user issues that most pixellation issues are.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Like i said before it is not just TV GO, its across 2 V6 boxes as well. Ive just checked the signal status and it says there is an issue in my area but obly mentions pluto TV ng20.png

Hello Morphee,

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. 

Can we just ask if the picture is still pixelating and stuttering?

We did run a check on the postcode area and can only see the same as you with Pluto TV reported?

If you still need support, let us know and we can send you a private message to take a more in depth look.

Gareth_L

it does not seem to be happening as much but yes it is still happening 

Thank you for popping back @Morphee and we are so sorry that this has happened. I'm going to pop you a private message now so we can take a look. 

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.