cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio Sync problem with new 360 box

MrUnhappy2
On our wavelength

I have had the new V6 /360 box for 10 days and have problems with the audio synchronisation.

My TV is a 4 year old 50" Sony Bravia with Sony sound bar. When I had the Tivo and the model before it I never had any problems.

The audio is okay with the soundbar off but when using the soundbar the audio drifts after about 5 mins. I have tried Dolby On/Off settings , audio delay set to 20m/sec and follow audio On/Off. All work for 5 mins then drift. 

I have telephoned Virgin on 2 occasions the 2nd time getting through to their 2nd tier support. Went through all the power down re-boot etc  but still the same issues.

Anyone else have this problem and any suggestions?

Thnks

365 REPLIES 365

No I haven’t received one, but I’m eagerly awaiting it!

Nothing yet but would be a positive thing I guess.

Virgin TV 360 + Virgin TV 360 Mini

Gig1 > Hub 4 in Modem Mode > Taotronics Mesh Wi-Fi

Yes and of course I replied with the info they have asked for, I couldn't help myself complaining about the way the problem has been handled so far though

MikeDee1
Tuning in

Yep I had the email from Virgin too and responded, making it as clear as I possibly could, that the problem only started after the upgrade and the issue only appears when using 360 and not via other devices.

Fingers crossed there is a quick fix.

Received and replied. Not holding my breath though. 

yes received and replied 

New situation for me. Dolby activated in the menu us always out of sync with no way of correcting. Follow content is out of sync with certain channels,/,programs so I've opted for Disabled. 

Tonight I watched a UHD movie via on demand. The sound sync was fine. But then switching Bach to live tv the sync was off. Had to change inputs on tv and then back again to correct. 

Hi jamesredfern,

Join the club: you have described the fault exactly and the only way to correct the 360 box sound synchronization fault is to disable the Dolby Audio functionality, thus making any decent sound system redundant!

I have received and replied to the Virgin email, but am really very skeptical about the sincerity of Virgin with this. Virgin have known about the 360 Box sound synchronization fault for over a year and done nothing. It takes an amateur to know that the fault occurs regardless of the sound/TV make, model, connection etc because it is a fault in the 360 box itself. This indicates that they have made no effect whatsoever to investigate at their end, which is consistent with my ongoing complaint to Virgin. I suspect it is a distraction to try and reduce the community media rhetoric/frustration.

Virgin: how about giving us an honest appraisal of the fault, corrective action and due compensation?

KevWW
On our wavelength

I tested the water with virgin last week after reading that they were asking opinions.

I raised a complaint, which was closedvwithin hours with a resolution of technical advice given. I then phoned Customer Support to ask why it had been closed. The lady tried to be helpful, but wasn't aware of any issues 😉 and said she'd raise it with her manager. 

Nothing happened so I've raised another complaint asking why the first one was closed.

For the record, I sympathise to some extent with the Customer Support and Forum Staff if they're not being given the information to advise properly, or maybe being held back by their superiors.