cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio Sync problem with new 360 box

MrUnhappy2
On our wavelength

I have had the new V6 /360 box for 10 days and have problems with the audio synchronisation.

My TV is a 4 year old 50" Sony Bravia with Sony sound bar. When I had the Tivo and the model before it I never had any problems.

The audio is okay with the soundbar off but when using the soundbar the audio drifts after about 5 mins. I have tried Dolby On/Off settings , audio delay set to 20m/sec and follow audio On/Off. All work for 5 mins then drift. 

I have telephoned Virgin on 2 occasions the 2nd time getting through to their 2nd tier support. Went through all the power down re-boot etc  but still the same issues.

Anyone else have this problem and any suggestions?

Thnks

365 REPLIES 365

CJTCam
On our wavelength

Thanks KevWW, I have had the same experience multiple times over many (many) weeks. Each communication is entered by Virgin as "Resolved" and closed even though they have ignored the actual problem.  I note your understanding towards the Virgin Forum Team, but it beats me why it hasn't been escalated to the technical department to provide a helpful/informed response. The same applies to the call center staff and technicians who have always promised to call back, but never done so. I am afraid that I am less sympathetic towards the senior Virgin management who I believe is trying to keep this under wraps.

I have requested a full transcript of all verbal correspondence but Virgin have refused even though it is a legal right.  I am now in a position to take this to independent arbitration and encourage others to do the same.

I made 2 complaints which were both closed with no communication and raised 2 complaints about these being closed but they were also closed with no response.

This was some time ago. I haven't got the energy to do much more at the moment.

I'm really looking forward to the end of my contract.

Virgin TV 360 + Virgin TV 360 Mini

Gig1 > Hub 4 in Modem Mode > Taotronics Mesh Wi-Fi

Also I never did hear back from the "computer active" magazine unfortunately. I had written an email I hoped they would follow up and publish. Perhaps if more people emailed them they would appreciate the scale of the problem? https://www.facebook.com/computeractive/

Hi All,

I just had attempt #26373 at complaining about this, this time via the live chat. They have credited my bill with (a paltry) £30 and have confirmed a date and time that a technician will come to have a look. Though I’m not hopeful that the technician will solve it since it’s quite clearly software rather than hardware, it seems to be the first time they have taken a slight bit of ownership of the issue and given any kind of gesture in recognition of the inconvenience.

Will keep you posted..

good luck with that the engineer never turned up for me but the case was closed as resolved. Its a joke

fwilson84
On our wavelength
Has anyone successfully managed to 'resolve' the issue using the HDFury Arcana box method suggested by @Lewey13 previously on page 20?

Seems to have worked for a similar audio sync issue on the SkyQ box. I'm not convinced the cause of the issue is the same as here, however. It is expensive, but I'm toying with getting it for another reason but if it was a definite solution here, it would push me towards getting it.

Reading up on the HDFury Arcana, I think the setup would be:

Arcana output > TV
Arcana eARC output > Soundbar
Virgin box > Arcana input

Or if you had other external devices (Firestick, DVD/Bluray, etc.), you'd need an HDMI Splitter and:
Arcana output > TV
Arcana eARC output > Soundbar
Splitter output > Arcana input
Virgin box > splitter input 1
Other devices > splitter input 2, 3, etc.

I meant HDMI switch rather than splitter

Pjwooll
Joining in

Hi

Just wanted to add my name ot the long list experiencing this unacceptable sound lag issue with my Panasonic sound bar.

Pjwooll

Its not your Panasonic sound bar its clearly an issue with the Virgin 360 box (Ex V6)

Mine was fine before 360 with both Sonos surround system and also Naim System. "upgraded" to 360 now no surround sound on any channel via 360 is in sync. Any adjustments available on 360 box or external equipment make it worse. If I stream TV via broadband and TV and bypass the 360 everything is fine.

Replaced expensive HDMI cables on the advice of this forum,  needless to say, no improvement, luckily my local HiFi TV supplier took pity and allowed return!

I just want to go back to the old system til Virgin sort it out. Luckily my contract expires in February so I have choices.

daz_75
On our wavelength

Unfortunately moved house and the comedy company messed it up so had to swap to 360 boxes. Spotted the sync problems straightaway. Read the whole thread what a joke. Youd think theyd be a tech company but they clearly arent