Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm told I'm going to O2

wilber_force
Superfast

Did I ask to?  Nope

It is happening tonight. I'll be asleep

I honestly hope it works cos if it doesn't, I'm going to be one unhappy customer tomorrow.

If it works, I hope it is a huge amount better than VM.

9 REPLIES 9

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi wilber_force, thank you for reaching out to our forum team.

We're sorry to hear you're not happy about this change to our mobile services as we're moving our VM customers to the O2 network.

O2 are our new mobile partners and we're currently under process of migrating all VM mobiles to the O2 service and network, please read more here in regard to this.

On this page you'll also view all info you need about what happens during your move, what to do and how to check if it's worked.

There's also an explanation about the reasons we're doing this as well as how we handle your data. 🙂

We hope you find this helpful, check out the benefits that come with this change too and let us know if you're still unhappy about your move to O2.

We'll be happy to advise further, feel free to share your thoughts.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

wilber_force
Superfast

And I've just found that I've had the wool pulled over my eyes, so as to speak.

I was paying £9 for 25Gb to VM, I'm now paying £20 to O2.  I didn't ask for this, I've been well and truly screwed by both VM & O2

I don't normally get annoyed but this time, VM, you have succeeded.  I thought I was getting a good deal at £9 but I am not prepared to pay £20 as I won't use the data I have been told I can have. 

I'll be on the phone in the morning to VM.  They WILL resolve this. 

Hey there willber_force, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

This sounds like you may have took a O2 sim card out with your Virgin Media deal, we now only offer the Volt package.

If you did want to cancel the O2 sim card you would need to speak to them on 0344 809 0202. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

I didn't take a sim from O2 and subsequently have found I'll still be paying £9.  I'm not sure how long it will last but I have it on good authority from a helpdesk team member that I will be paying £9 unless of course I incur other charges not included in the deal.

The sim card in my phone was placed there about 14 months ago by myself and hasn't been touched.  And I have no idea what the Volt package is as I have no interest in it.  According to https://www.virginmedia.com/mobile/sim-only/pay-monthly-sim, I can get a "Virgin Mobile- 30 Day Rolling contract " with 25GB for £8 Per month.

I'd be more than happy with that.  Is that not what I had?

It would have been nice to have been asked if I wanted to transfer to O2, but no.

Morning @wilber_force 

If you look at the first reply my colleague sent, it explains everything about the migration.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

I read and understood it. 

My point is that I had a package I was happy with, so wanted to stay put.  I see it is still available on the virgin mobile website, so why move folk without any individual consultation.  I felt I needed more data availability than I was paying for.  2Gb I think it was so when I saw the 25Gb option, I thought, hey problem solved, I'll never use all that data.

We shall see if I can be satisfied by the O2 one. I'll never use 50Gb, let alone the previous 25Gb one. 

Thanks for the reply @wilber_force on the forums. 👋🏼

We understand where you are coming from as it would be easier and simpler for everyone to have everything stay the same, I see it that way too.
However with the migration to O2, our entire mobile structure has changed which is why O2 will be taking over all the mobile elements when it comes to Virgin Media O2 mobile services.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused, hopefully the services on O2 will be just as good as how it is now on the Virgin mobile.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

wilber_force
Superfast

I'm just catching up, ok, it's a while.  I had no alert that there was a reply.

I'm not happy as I've got worse coverage. 

I used to be able to get a data signal when at the Newcastle Utd matches, now I hardly get a mobile phone signal.

Thanks for your reply @wilber_force 😊 Sorry to see that your coverage has not been as great since the switchover to O2.

When you are migrated to the O2 network it will mean we'll no longer have access to your account to do some investigating. If you are still seeing issues I'd recommend contacting the team as per the contact details here so they can have a look at this for you.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules