cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anytime Chatter

agray1949
Joining in

I recently renewed my contract & I have noticed that the phone part has been changed. Talk more anytime & Multitalk 1000 have been removed & replaced with Anytime Chatter. When I was reviewing the contract with an agent for Virgin media I was ASSURED that calls to a mobile phone in Thailand would still be included.

Today I received my latest bill & there is an extra £250 for calls to a mobile phone in Thailand. I spoke to another agent & was told that I needed International Anytime Chatter. This was not explained to me at the time & there is nothing I can do & will have to pay the £250. I will now have to add International Anytime Chatter to my contract thereby increasing my bill even more.

I do not think I should have to pay as I was told it was included by the original agent.

To say I am annoyed is a massive understatement & I feel that Virgin Media are being deceitful.

2 REPLIES 2

goslow
Alessandro Volta

It is not unusual, in the topics reported on here, for VM's sales agents to be somewhat 'loose' with their descriptions of 'equivalence' when customers move from one package to another.

By what means, and when, did you renew your package?

A DSAR may reveal some traces of past comm's with VM

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/dsar

and possibly provide you with some evidence from when you renewed. Phone calls have a 180 day retention period according to the link above and not all calls are recorded.

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi agray1949,

Thank you for your post. We're very sorry to hear about the unexpected charges. 

We can certainly take a look into this for you. 

I will private message you now to confirm your details. 

^Martin