cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wifi connected, but no internet

TEMPESTWILL
Tuning in

Hi,

Having an issue with some wireless devices saying they are connected but have no internet access whilst having a mostly full signal. for instance, my phone and pc will both be on wifi in the same room, but my pc will say no internet access whilst my phone is working. I have run a cable through my house and switched my PC to a wired connection and this no longer has any issues, but any wifi devices randomly drop onto connected but no internet daily and this is only fixed by resetting the wifi connection.

I have spoken to customer services but every time the operator tries a few things then pass me to a new operator and I have to start all over again asking me to reset it and try wired connections etc which is driving me crazy.I

have used the online test and no issues where found, I have also factory reset the router but this made no difference.

Could it be my hub is faulty? 

Many thanks for reading this

Will

148 REPLIES 148

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi JazzC 👋

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing some issues with your WiFi connection. Are you able to confirm whether you see any lights on your Hub? Are you also experiencing this issue with ethernet-connected devices? Do you also have any 3rd-Party Equipment connected to your network, such as a WiFi Extender, or your own router?

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Thank you for following up on this.

There are no third party devices connected and the issue doesn't occur with ethernet connections. There is only the standard light on the router - some devices can be connected and working fine at the same time as the 'connected, no internet' error is occurring on others.

Thanks for getting back to us @JazzC,

Can you confirm the devices that aren't connecting, are they of similar type, ie all iphones? This allows us to see if its something on those devices which might be affecting the WIFI.

Joe

The devices are all different. I have an Android phone, my work laptop and the desktop PC both run Windows 11. I connected the desktop to the router with an ethernet cable and it seems to be OK since then

Thanks for the reply @JazzC on the forums.

No worries, and appreciate the update on here.
Let us know how it continues on and we can monitor going forward.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I was hoping you could suggest something.  I currently have an ethernet cable trailing across the house from the ground floor where the hub is, to the small bedroom where the pc is.  I'd rather be able to remove that and go back to wifi but with the regular loss of internet connectivity I need to leave it in place for now.

Thanks for coming back to us @JazzC.

It may be worth clicking this link to help you combat the Wi-Fi issues you’re experiencing.

Can you please also confirm what diagnostics have been ran on the hub to help combat this issue?

Thanks,

David_Bn

Thanks for the link, though it's the same information I check every time there's a problem with the WiFi. The issue now is that a desktop PC kept getting the 'connected no internet' error and was interfering with anything my daughter tried to do. So I got the long ethernet cable, and since then she has had no problems. But the same evening I got the error on my android phone and at other times on my laptop. At the moment, everything is working. But if I want to be able to put the PC back on wifi and remove the cable.

Hi JazzC

Thank you for your response.

How have things been since posting please?

Have you been able to use the PC via wireless?

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

I haven't been able to check this yet, but should by next week. When my daughter is online with friends, eg gaming, she hasn't wanted to risk testing the WiFi. She isn't available this weekend so early next week I'll get her to check.