cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wifi connected, but no internet

TEMPESTWILL
Tuning in

Hi,

Having an issue with some wireless devices saying they are connected but have no internet access whilst having a mostly full signal. for instance, my phone and pc will both be on wifi in the same room, but my pc will say no internet access whilst my phone is working. I have run a cable through my house and switched my PC to a wired connection and this no longer has any issues, but any wifi devices randomly drop onto connected but no internet daily and this is only fixed by resetting the wifi connection.

I have spoken to customer services but every time the operator tries a few things then pass me to a new operator and I have to start all over again asking me to reset it and try wired connections etc which is driving me crazy.I

have used the online test and no issues where found, I have also factory reset the router but this made no difference.

Could it be my hub is faulty? 

Many thanks for reading this

Will

148 REPLIES 148

No worries at all.

Please do keep us updated JazzC.

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

We continued with the cable for a while, then tried using wifi again.  It seemed to be working ok, but last night the same error occurred - connected no internet.  The only solution was to plug the cable back in, which isn't really a suitable long term solution.   Is there anything that can be done about this?

Thank you for that information. We can certainly take a look into this further to see if there is anything showing. 

I will private message you now to confirm your details. 

^Martin

Hi, I'm having the same issue as described in the original post of this thread. Phones are connected to the wifi and working fine, but unable to use laptop or xbox. Please could you help. Thanks, Jacob

Hi @jlwinter 

Welcome to our community forums and sorry to hear you are having a similar issue with WIFI for your laptop and Xbox. We want to do our best to help. Can you let us know how long this issue has been ongoing? What happens when trying to connect? Do you get an error message/ code? Also, do you get the same issue when connecting by ethernet cable?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, it's been a couple of weeks. I can connect my laptop to the wifi but it says it says 'no internet'. When I try to use google it says 'this site can't be reached'. I've tried to connect the Xbox both wireless and with an ethernet cable and neither are working. I've tried troubleshooting including a hard reset and nothing has worked.

Thank you @jlwinter and we are so sorry to hear that this has happened. I'm going to pop you a private message so we can take a closer look into this and see what we can arrange. 

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.

JazzC
Joining in

My hub has been replaced and since then I have had no issues.  There was nothing to indicate the old one was faulty, and tests showed the signal was good, so it doesn't really explain why there was a problem.  I've also now plugged in a signal booster upstairs.  I really don't think I need that, but since everything is currently working as it should, I'm leaving it in place.

I'm grateful for all the help I received - which probably would have found a solution in the end - but it now looks like it was a hardware problem all along.

Hi JazzC

Thanks very much for the update - we're pleased to hear that the new Hub seems to have done the trick. Usually, this particular error would indicate a network issue rather than a Hub issue but how strange!

If you experience any further issues just give us a shout. We'll be more than happy to help.

Beth