cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub5 router mode + VPN server on a client

huckk
Joining in

Hi all,

I'm really having difficulty finding people in similar boats who need to continue to use router mode (due to presence of wifi pods) but want to run a vpn server on their network, accessible from the outside.

In my case I have a router with pptp / openvpn / ipsec and wireguard vpn server support that's connected to the hub. I get far superior speeds using this router for wifi over the hub5 even with the pods, hence having this network. But I also have a shed load of IOT devices that all spam the virgin media hub wifi so it doesn't disrupt my mission critical devices on the secondary router.

Setting up any of these servers doesn't work. Lots of advice online about enabling ipsec passthrough but that doesn't even seem to be an option any more in the hub5...

Any suggestions?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is your own router in bridge mode or router mode? If it’s in router mode you will be getting double NAT and not be able to do what you want.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2