Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 40 kudos

Duct and joint box installation for an MDU

Hello everyone, I am currently involved in a multi dwelling unit (MDU) project that will incorporate both BT and Virgin incoming ducts. Currently, we're maintaining separate ducts for BT and Virgin services. However, I'm interested in exploring the p...

Yeebs123 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Fed up

Hi there had a phone call from Virgin media marketing this morning to ask about services etc listened for a while then they wanted lots of information on what I use it for etc informed them we have a SKY  streaming tv, security, internet phones etc a...

Resolved! VM down

Virgin media broadband, Has been down again all morning. It was down most of Sunday down again no Internet access and the hub keeps rebooting what an earth is going on virgin media. This is getting ridiculous and you’ll still want your subscription m...

Peter4858 by On our wavelength
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Frequent broadband outages for last few weeks

For the last few weeks I have had intermittent broadband outages lasting for a few minutes at a time, happening at any time of day. I have a Hub 3.0In the network log the most common errors are:SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MA...

rorya by Tuning in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Book an Engineer

Hi,   My cable from the Internet to the router needs fixing. There is plenty of cable there and both my google home hubs are not working. It says there is  something wrong with my signal strength. There was no issue a couple of days ago. I have to mo...

NordVPN Dedicated VPN no longer connecting

Hi, looking for help before i fight with Virgin phone support!I have a NordVPN dedicated VPN, which worked fine up to about 10 days ago (and still works for someone elsewhere not on Virgin). This VPN is whitelisted for use on a private cloud as part ...

WiFi pods not connecting

Evening,I’m sorry but this is another post about both my WiFi pods not connecting to my hub 5. We recently had our hub 4 replaced for a hub 5 and since then both WiFi pods not connecting. I have contacted CS many times over phone/WhatsApp and also be...

F0rbesy by Tuning in
  • 11 replies
  • 1 kudos

Virgin Media Connect App not connecting

I'm trying to sign in into the VM Connect App on android and it says it can't connect to server and to try again later.This is happening for days now so I don't think trying again will work.I tried deleting the cache and data but that didn't help.Any...

srfrnk by Just joined
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

INTERNET SPIKES, DROPS, DISCONNECTS EVERYDAY

Hello to all owners of the unfortunate network that is Virgin Media, I am writing another post hoping that someone can help me with a problem that I have had for over a year now. I no longer have the strength or desire for pointless phone calls and v...

Zrzut ekranu 2024-02-05 114356.png Zrzut ekranu 2024-02-05 114719.png Zrzut ekranu 2024-02-05 114732.png Zrzut ekranu 2024-02-05 114740.png

Permanent red light on Hub and unstable connection

Over the past few weeks my Hub has a permanent red light and the internet connection frequently becomes unstable. I've reset the hub multiple times, disconnected/reconnected etc. and it fixes the problem temporarily but then becomes unstable again. T...

Lauren8 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos