cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PODS keep dropping connection

Jt_Wifi_Woes
Tuning in

I have a hub 5 (factory settings, long press reboot several times over the last year) and 3 white pods. Once or twice a months 1 or all of the pods would just stop connecting, more often than not all of them, just doing the slow blink. 
1-2 days of resetting things and turning them back on in various orders it’d start working again until it stopped and same thing again. Someone came out to look at it, no luck, one of the pods was replaced and that helped for a couple of weeks then didn’t. 
Seems to be a little more reliable with just 2 pods rather than 3 but still not great.

Doesn’t help the hub enters the house in the corner furtherst from where we spend most of our time.

Sometimes just flicking the hub off and back on is enough to send the whole lot into a spin for days. Any advice/help much appreciated. 

20 REPLIES 20

Jt_Wifi_Woes
Tuning in

All 3 pods working fine last night. Wake up and all 3 are slow blinking. WiFi scan shows none are broadcasting detectable WiFi signal, is that expected? 

Jt_Wifi_Woes
Tuning in

I have pretty much the same issue, Hub 5 and can't get the WiFi Pods to work reliably. I've tried all of the suggestions within this thread so far, they just won’t work reliably. Can someone help?

Hi @Jt_Wifi_Woes,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear you're having some trouble with you Wi-Fi service from the Wi-Fi Pods occasionally. Are you noticing any kind of notable pattern as to when this issue occurs? Have you perform a scan with the Connect App at all to see if that offers any further details?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

No pattern, for a while I wondered if they were too close together and confusing each other but for the last 2 days I’ve only had 1 pod on. Working fine this morning, came home this afternoon and it was long blinking and stopped working. Cue 30 minutes of turning everything off, router back on, wait, pod on, wait, maybe it’ll work again or maybe not. 

currently only hub is on so patchy WiFi in most of the house and the connect app just says there’s a problem and the pod can’t be found. 

Realised that for some reason 2.4GHz wasn't broadcasting from the hub when the pod stopped working, why would the hub silently drop the 2.4GHz network? Would that explain the intermittent issues??

Thanks for reaching out to us @Jt_Wifi_Woes on the VM forums. 👋🏼

And yes the 2.4ghz connection being dropped will affect the pods capability and function of the Wi-Fi range.
May I ask if this has now been resolved?

Has the Wi-Fi improved since?
Let us know. 🧾

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Maybe, it’s working today, only change I can think of that might explain it was to turn off smart security today. Doesn’t explain why it’s happened intermittently for the last 12 months as I only turned it on last week. 

Morning @Jt_Wifi_Woes 

Thanks for coming back to us.

There are a few requirements for the Pods to work with our Hubs:

•    The Hub must be in 'Router Mode' and not have been changed to 'Modem Mode'.
•    Channel Optimisation must be left on.
•    The SSIDs must be the same and broadcast enabled.
•    The SSID must be password protected.
•    The Passphrases of the SSIDs must match.

As long as all of the above points are all met then the Pod should automatically connect to your Hub's Wi-Fi and begin broadcasting. The wireless details from the Pod will be the same as the Hub's details, so no additional steps are required to connect the devices in the home.

Can you ensure the above is applied and report back to confirm?

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Confirmed. Engineer came out Saturday, the wire installation to house and exchange looks like it might have been done badly. Stable since it was changed.