cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to order a booster?

Mullen1960
Just joined
  • Hi, how do you order a WiFi booster? It says to do it by the connect app, but that just sends you round in circles. 
72 REPLIES 72

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
VM now supply “wifi Pods” (no longer doing “boosters”). Pods are free to customers on 1GB or Ultimate Oomph packages - is that you?

If not you will be charged £5/month. Its a simple solution and should work for you. However, you would soon pay off that cost by buying a "better" wireless solution that will be yours to own and use forever but it isn’t the simple plug and play option of the Pod(s).

You can call in to order them if you want to go ahead - or a VM person will respond on here in a day or two

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Mullen1960,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you've had some issues ordering a WiFi pod.

If you've not been able to contact us since your post on Sunday let us know, and we can pop you over a private message.

Alex_Rm

Can I have a pod please? I am on 1gb connection hut the hub 4 doesn't reach all rooms and my one of the two old boosters I was using just blew and nearly set on fire.

Thanks

ewhizz
Joining in

Me too. I spent ages last night and this morning to no avail. I have the ultimate volt package but no signal in the garage and poor signal in the study in the far corner of the house. I need at least one in the middle of the house.

Hi @Gavin13683 and @ewhizz

I'm so sorry to hear you have both struggled to order the WiFi Pod, I'd be happy to look into this further with you both via PM's. 

I'll pop one across to both of you now, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thanks again. 

javier1105
Joining in

Hi, I got my M200 Fibre router installed 2 weeks ago and there is no coverage in all parts of my flat. I’ve tried to order one of those Wifi Pods but I’m going in circles. How do I order one? Thanks

Hey javier1105, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am sorry to see you are having some issues trying to order a pod.

However not to worry I will be able to help you order one.

Now depending what package you are on they could be chargeable, I am going to send you a PM.

Please look out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

jgardner
Joining in

I have also been trying to order one. My WiFi is good in the room it’s based but won’t reach to my bedroom which is only two rooms down. I have tried to scan using the connect app but it won’t connect to the WiFi in there and so refuses to scan and confirm the black spot… please help. The website is extremely unhelpful.

Hi there @jgardner, welcome to our forum and thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to see you have not been able to have a pod ordered to help your broadband reach the bedroom. I can see you have spoken with the team since posting this, were they able to help get this ordered for you?

If you need any further help with this let us know, we will be happy to assist.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules