cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi cuts off at midnight!!

Charlotte251
Joining in

So we are now day 3 of my internet cutting off at midnight and not coming back on till the following morning!!! 

literally same time every night! 12am. Most days it’s back on in the am but the other day it did not come back till 12pm which isn’t great considering I work from home and need the internet. I left sky for this reason. 
I wouldn’t mind but it hasn’t even been installed a month yet and I’m getting issues already. 
I was meant to have an engineer out today to have a look as my route the x5 is flashing blue and he never turned up!! I’m fuming. I had to to get someone to come sit at my house at I had parents evening for them not even bother turning up. To make matters worse not even an email or a message to inform me. 

think I might just find someone else to go with as if this is the service I’m getting as a new customer who hasn’t been with the company even a month. Shame on virgin!!! 

1 REPLY 1

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM often do work on the network between 00.00 and 04.00 but usually only for 3 or 4 days consecutively - months apart - it is always reported on the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues and fix estimates, down to street cab/ postcode level.

What is being reported on there?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.