cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access hub 3 router logs

MC151
Joining in

Not sure if this is the right board, apologies if it isn't.

Random issue here. I've lost access to my laptop which has some crucial websites I need for work. I accessed the sites a few months ago, would I be able to find them in admin mode from my router? The router is a hub 3 and I was using it in modem mode. I can't seem to find the logs though to show me what sites have been visited.

I hope this makes sense! Thanks for any help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM Hubs do not store any browsing history.  Your network would have to have something like a Syslog server or similar to record network traffic . 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

16 REPLIES 16

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The Hub logs do not record this information. Only circuit logs. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

MC151
Joining in

Thanks for this, what are circuit logs and how can I access them please?

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

If you were using the VM hub in modem mode were you using it in combination with your own router? If so it might well have admin settings with web history. Put up the make and model number of the router on here if this is/was indeed your set up. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Client62
Legend

The information contained is just of technical nature. It does not contain your browsing history.
Connect to the Hub 3 and scroll down below the Password dialogue & click on "Check router status".

The usual process would be to contact a work college and inform them your laptop has been lost or replaced
can they forward you the relevant links.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

"The router is a hub 3 and I was using it in modem mode." unlikely to be a VM problem if you are in modem mode. You need to look at your own router and also check what DNS servers you are using.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Consider using your browser's history function to review this information; if browser history is not synchronised between devices then check from the device originally used.

-- 
Have I helped? Select Mark as Helpful Answer or 🖒 Kudos to say thanks

Yes I was using in with a Google nest router. So to clarify

1) Does the VM hub 3 have any way of storing the websites I visited a few months ago? 

2) Am I more likely to find that info from the nest?

I'm not technically very savy, thanks for all your help!

I've gotten a new laptop from work. That doesn't solve my problem. The original laptop that I was working on is no longer operational. I don't have any synced browsers. No one knows the websites I was using, and I didn't save them anywhere else. They were just bookmarked on the browser I was using. It was careless of me. None the less, I'm trying to see if I can save anything at all.

On Google it said that routers save information on what websites you visit  which gave me hope. But apparently that's not the case with the VM hub?

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM Hubs do not store any browsing history.  Your network would have to have something like a Syslog server or similar to record network traffic .