cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to register for My Virgin Media Account

RuthieV
Tuning in

Hi

I signed up for Virgin Media yesterday and have since received several emails suggesting that I register for My Virgin Media account now. However, every time I try to do this, once the 'I am not a robot' box has been ticked and I hit the Submit/Continue button, nothing happens, i.e. the same page with all completed details is displayed and I can get no further.

Any ideas please?

Thanks, Ruth

274 REPLIES 274

Hi Diabolus,

Thanks for posting. What issues are you having when registering? Do you get any error messages?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

I know right? Its been 2 weeks since we have our connection and the registration page still doesn't work.
Phoned them 3 times, all I got is they will call me within 5 business days and haven't received any calls until now.
They can't acknowledge the fact that their registration page doesn't work. No advisory or what not.
UNSATISFIED CUSTOMER!

Thanks for your post GinaAR,

Sorry to see that you're unable to register for your self-care account and you're still awaiting a call from our team

I'd like to take a closer look at this for you.

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a PM from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn  

HI David, I have just registered to get some help with this too. I have been trying four four days. Can you please set up for me? I keep getting this

Sorry!

We are not able to set up your my Virgin Media account or Web Safe settings at the moment. Please try again later, or you can also set up your my Virgin Media account and make your Web Safe settings at the time of installation. We are looking forward to connecting you to your superfast broadband.

Questions about your broadband installation?Find out more

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi turner1, sorry to hear you've encountered the same issue.

I'll be happy to take a look for you. Look out for my PM (the purple envelope) requesting some details & please get back to me when you can.

Tom 

Hi Tom,

I have got the same issue.

Sorry!
We are not able to set up your my Virgin Media account or Web Safe settings at the moment. Please try again later, or you can also set up your my Virgin Media account and make your Web Safe settings at the time of installation. We are looking forward to connecting you to your superfast broadband.

Can you help?

Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the community forums wujh00. 

I would like to take a look into your account to see why this is happening for you, I would need to clear account security with you to be able to look into this further.

I will pop over a private message to you in a moment and please respond and I will try to help you from here.

Regards

Steven_L

Hi all i'm 47 days into my VM services. Still can't register for My VM and as I don't own a TV I cannot watch anything as I can't login to the apps. 5 hours on phone and counting, 105 texts, 20+ tweets, I have explained this problem over 25 times to as many different people, bloody annoying to have to repeatedly go thru security 3 or 4 times in the same phone call, 5 it support tickets 3 of which have been closed without rectifying the fault. Comically bad service. I have given my 30 days notice to cancel my contract on the basis I didn't believe this will ever be fixed. 10 mins on this forum and now I'm 99% sure. 23 days to go......surprise me Virgin!

Joe_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello Fyshdawg

I am sorry to hear that, I am going to pop you a private message to get this looked into. 

Thanks Joe_F

heathermoore
Joining in

Hi, I’m having this issue too. Have tried to register six times across two separate devices and two different internet connections and see this error message every time. No mention of the issue on your help site so can’t go there.

I called a member of your team on Wednesday and receiving shockingly poor customer service from the person on the other end of the call (that’s another story). He tried to tell me it was a temporary issue which I proved wasn’t, given that this forum exists. He then told me he had raised a ticket with the IT team for me about this and promised (and I requested so) that he’d email me the ticket number and keep me up to date. He didn’t do that, but I did receive in the post today a letter which says, “You asked for a duplicate copy of your contract - you got it!” I didn’t. That’s not even nearly what I asked for.

So please, I am turning to this as a last resort - please, please can you help me set up a My Virgin Media account. After all, the entire reason for setting up this account is so that I can see my bills and pay them!!

Thank you, Heather.