cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to register for My Virgin Media Account

RuthieV
Tuning in

Hi

I signed up for Virgin Media yesterday and have since received several emails suggesting that I register for My Virgin Media account now. However, every time I try to do this, once the 'I am not a robot' box has been ticked and I hit the Submit/Continue button, nothing happens, i.e. the same page with all completed details is displayed and I can get no further.

Any ideas please?

Thanks, Ruth

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Previous answers to this question have indicated that you cannot complete the sign up process until your installation has been completed and services fully up and running.

I haven't seen anything to suggest this has changed, and based on your post it would appear the email suggesting you can is still badly worded.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

274 REPLIES 274

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi RuthieV

Thanks for getting in touch with us on the Forums. We are sorry to hear that you are having an issue setting up the online account and we will do our best to assist. 

Can you confirm if this happens one one browser or is this several? Have you tried this on multiple devices? 

We await your response. 

Kind Regards 

Chris. 

Hi

I have tried doing this on my iPad and laptop - same problem.

Thanks.

Ruth

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Previous answers to this question have indicated that you cannot complete the sign up process until your installation has been completed and services fully up and running.

I haven't seen anything to suggest this has changed, and based on your post it would appear the email suggesting you can is still badly worded.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Ruth, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this 🙂

We will need to wait until your services are installed and active. If you are still having an issue after this point we can then look in to this further 🙂

Let us know how things go. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi

Understood. Thanks very much!

I will wait until after installation.

Regards

Ruth

briank49
On our wavelength

RuthieV     (or anyone else out there)

It's now 31 July 2019, I'm a new customer awaiting installation and can't register my account. Have spent several hours on my laptop using all the nice help pages etc and just go round in circles going nowhere very slowly and achieving precisely nothing.  Did the account registration process and sign-in actually work for you after everything was installed?

This is an awful first mpresssion of Virgin. Other posts seem to suggest this problem has been out there unresolved for at least a year. I didn't request a free Virgin email as I've already got a perfectly good one which Virgin have no problems with sending bills etc to - some posts seem to suggest having a non-virgin email is causing the problem?

Anybody .... help PLEASE ! ! !  

briank49
On our wavelength

Thank you for your quick reply to my post.  Unfortunately I can't agree with your diagnosis.

a)  I have seen probably more than a hundred posts complaining of this problem, but I have not found anyone posting that the problem was resolved by installation.

b) It is not just the early emails sent out by Virgin that encourage you to register with virgin media, but the first web page you see on trying to register clearly states "You can register for My Virgin Media once you receive your welcome email, 2-3 days after placing your order. Your account number and area reference are on this welcome email or on your monthly bill."

THIS PROBLEM NEEDS SORTING - it is not acceptable to say it is RESOLVED

Hi briank49, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry for any confusion over this, we're aware the website suggests you can register before installation. However as far as we're aware you would need to wait until after in order to register.

Alex_Rm

briank49
On our wavelength

If you're right, and registration will work fine when the services have been installed . . . 

... would it be too much to say that Virgin should by now have corrected the text on the website and the various emails that it sends out to new customers. This problem has obviously existed for ages. It is an appalling first experience of Virgin for new customers like myself.  I can hardly believe that it takes 12 months plus to make simple changes to the text of emails and screens. . . .

... SO

a) WHY HASN'T THIS BEEN SORTED OUT AGES AGO AS A MATTER OF PRIORITY

b) WHEN WILL VIRGIN EVENTUALLY STOP CAUSING THIS UNNECESSARY AGGRAVATION TO NEW CUSTOMERS