cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix activation

benbmw1980
On our wavelength

I’m having a nightmare too. Started a new deal with Virgin at the end of March with Netflix included. Got the activation email sent and clicked on it etc. been using Netflix fine until this morning when I got emails from Netflix asking to update my payment information and telling me my Netflix account had been ‘paused’. Called Virgin who were no help saying it was activated on their records and fobbing me off to ring Netflix directly.I then called Netflix who found my details but went on to say that Virgin had not activated my account under my new package deal. Called Virgin AGAIN who said they would need to send me another activation email but could not do anything for the next 48 hours as they have an outage with Netflix (how convenient).

The two operators at Virgin did not have a clue what they were talking about which sounds very similar to the other comments on this thread. The customer service is beyond a joke and I’m now regretting staying with Virgin. They messed up setting up my new deal a few weeks ago and I’m sick to death of having to call up to get the most basic issues resolved.

Will definitely be looking to move away from them asap. Not impressed whatsoever.

171 REPLIES 171

I've now been told my problem can't be fixed. So I guess I'll be looking for a new provider in the coming months

Ours can’t be resolved either

Have you been advised why this is the case?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Martinb4
On our wavelength

I was told by customer service nothing would work. It’s a problem they are well aware of . 

Six months on ...

Hi Martinb4,

Thanks for joining in on the thread about this Netflix issue, I am sorry you're also going through this problem. 

I can see from our side that you may have spoken to our customer services about this previously, can I ask what they mentioned as an alternative resolution?

Thanks,

Megan_L

Mike26
On our wavelength

I received a DM (below) from Illyas_Y on 19/10/22.....

Re: Netflix activation
Thank you for clearing security. I have sent this off to my DevOps team who will get this looked in to.  The standard procedure is the IT team who then refer to the DevOps team, this way we have skipped the queue  and passed it straight to them. They have resolved all of my Netflix queries that I have raised. However I am unable to give you a time frame as to when it will be resolved by.
What I have done is I have credited the account with £10.99 to cover for Netflix and so that you can purchase this in the meantime.

Martinb4
On our wavelength

Crediting me monthly with the amount of the Netflix subscription. It can’t be resolved in my case and I guess many others. 

Thanks for the update @Martinb4 and our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

If we can help with anything else do let us know.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

jillopedi
Joining in

I have been having crazy issues around Netflix.  First I took a new bundle and I was under the impression that I was paying for Netflix Premium through virgin but ended up double paying Netflix as virgin never transferred the paying details but they continued to collect the extra premium fee!!!!  So i was out of pocket for the Netflix subscription direct plus the premium top up.

I have now cancelled Netflix as I was told to do by a call centre employee and that I would then be able to login via Netflix using virgin login...this did not work,

Despite numerous calls with call centres and the one time I did speak to someone onshore who promised me a call back I have had no success.

If Virgin wish to use Netflix as part of it's marketing plan surely it has to be able to make sure it works?

Is there any advice as to how I can use Netflix via my virgin login?  I obviously do not want to pay Netflix direct which is what I seem to be prompted to do.

Thanks

Hi Jillopedi.

Thank you for posting and welcoming you onto our forums.

Sorry to see you haven't had a good journey with us so far, and have been unable to access Netflix through us.  

So I can assist with this further, please watch out for the purple envelop as I will be private messaging you.

Thank you.

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide