cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix activation

benbmw1980
On our wavelength

I’m having a nightmare too. Started a new deal with Virgin at the end of March with Netflix included. Got the activation email sent and clicked on it etc. been using Netflix fine until this morning when I got emails from Netflix asking to update my payment information and telling me my Netflix account had been ‘paused’. Called Virgin who were no help saying it was activated on their records and fobbing me off to ring Netflix directly.I then called Netflix who found my details but went on to say that Virgin had not activated my account under my new package deal. Called Virgin AGAIN who said they would need to send me another activation email but could not do anything for the next 48 hours as they have an outage with Netflix (how convenient).

The two operators at Virgin did not have a clue what they were talking about which sounds very similar to the other comments on this thread. The customer service is beyond a joke and I’m now regretting staying with Virgin. They messed up setting up my new deal a few weeks ago and I’m sick to death of having to call up to get the most basic issues resolved.

Will definitely be looking to move away from them asap. Not impressed whatsoever.

171 REPLIES 171

Barrsy04
Joining in

I have been advised to post here to see if I can get help. Similar to others I have been trying to get Netflix activated for weeks. 6 times I have contacted support either through messaging or calls, each time to be told it will be raised with IT within 5 days and each time I hear nothing at all. The activation link on my virgin media account just errors every time. Last call to support they advised I reactivate my existing Netflix subscription and I told them that Netflix would then just charge me, which they have.

Can I please get some help? I am also looking for credit to my account to cover not having Netflix for almost 2 months now. If the solution is just a permanent £10.99 reduction on my bill and I pay for Netflix separately then that's fine by me.

Hi Barrsy04, thanks for the message and welcome to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the Netflix and this is not the experience which we want you to have with us. 

Just to confirm you are not seeing the Netflix activation button via the online account? 

Our IT teams are working on resolving this and will have an update as soon as they can. 

Kind regards, Chris. 

Hi Chris,

I can see the activation button on my online account but it errors every time I try and select it.

Thanks for coming back to us Barrsy04, please can you try to do that in incognito mode within your browser or clear your browsers cache and try the link again.

Please let us know if this works or not?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

I have tried that and still the same. Different browsers, different devices, all come back with error.

Thanks for coming back to me and trying that Barrsy04, I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Thanks Barrsy04, I have now logged this with our support team and I will be back in touch as soon as I have any further updates for you.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

blueghostuk
On our wavelength

finally got our activation button, and it worked! Hopefully no more issues going forward. Thanks to all the support team helping with bill credits

Glad to hear that blueghostuk and we're happy that you're happy, we also hope that you have no further issues after this.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Mike26
On our wavelength
The lack of Netflix continues. This has lasted for over 5 months. Is there any progress on finding a solution? Has the credit to my account been set up to automatically continue whilst the problem exists?