cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix activation

benbmw1980
On our wavelength

I’m having a nightmare too. Started a new deal with Virgin at the end of March with Netflix included. Got the activation email sent and clicked on it etc. been using Netflix fine until this morning when I got emails from Netflix asking to update my payment information and telling me my Netflix account had been ‘paused’. Called Virgin who were no help saying it was activated on their records and fobbing me off to ring Netflix directly.I then called Netflix who found my details but went on to say that Virgin had not activated my account under my new package deal. Called Virgin AGAIN who said they would need to send me another activation email but could not do anything for the next 48 hours as they have an outage with Netflix (how convenient).

The two operators at Virgin did not have a clue what they were talking about which sounds very similar to the other comments on this thread. The customer service is beyond a joke and I’m now regretting staying with Virgin. They messed up setting up my new deal a few weeks ago and I’m sick to death of having to call up to get the most basic issues resolved.

Will definitely be looking to move away from them asap. Not impressed whatsoever.

171 REPLIES 171

I am sorry to hear you were provided that email address. I'm unsure why that happened. 

We would advise in our response to customer to let them know once it is resolved. 

I cannot comment on what Martin Lewis knows and doesn't know. 

Just to check, are you able to access your MYVM account and there should be a Netflix tile. Can you check that to see if it allows you to reactivate the service?

^Martin

Hi Martin, 

I do have access to my Virgin media and went through this with the call handler at Virgin. Under the Netflix tab it simply says active with a green tick after it. The handler says this shows it has been activated. Their is no option to reactivate on there.

Netflix said that at their end they could see my account and that it was with Virgin but had not received any activation details from Virgin to say it was paid for as part of my package deal, this wanted payment details.

They referred me back to Virgin to say you needed to send over activation details in order to resolve the problem.

Virgin call centre handler simply repeated it had been activated according to their systems. It just goes round in circles.

I’m still not clear about how I know Virgin have resolved the issue. Will my Netflix just work or will you be contacting me with instruction on what to do?

Ben

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply Benbmw1980, 

Have you tried logging into netflix? Does it allow you to?

Zoie

benbmw1980
On our wavelength

62A60E9F-4AF4-4720-91C3-BD4AF60BC72E.jpeg

Zoie,

I think you need to read my previous comments (and many others on this thread).

You will know that the issue is not with logging in, it’s with Netflix requesting payment details after logging in as Virgin have not sent authorisation over to them that the account is paid for under a package deal.

Ben

Hi benbmw1980

Sorry to hear about the issue with your Netflix account
I can look into this for you 
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Hi benbmw1980,

We are still looking into the issues with Netflix

Our Support Teams will update us as soon as they can 

Gareth_L

Hi Gareth,

This is taking a ridiculous amount of time to sort out. It’s been over a week now and it’s affecting masses of customers.

Can you at least tell us what the problem is?

Will the lack of service days be reimbursed in any way?

It’s very disappointing that everyone is being kept in the dark on this.

Ben

stuartgreen
Dialled in

All this hard work,

Just take £10.99 of everyones monthly bills and we can get netflix seperatly 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The Modteam have just posted an update (post 2) in the following thread

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-360/Netflix-Bundles-and-Activation/td-p/4980738 

Update: 03/05/2022

Hi, 

this issue has been resolved and we are in the process of rectifying affected accounts. You should receive an email with further details, once the issue with your specific account has been fixed. 

Emails will be sent to the registered email address on your account; if for any reason you do not receive an email over the next 24 hours please check your online MyVM account, when the issue has been resolved on your account you will then see an 'activate' button. This button will take you through the next steps. 

Modteam

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hooray,

let’s just hope it stays working now.

Ben