cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

netlix cancelled but still being charged

preston46
On our wavelength

I upgraded to the 1GB mega bundle in march 2024, following and email from VM duly signed up for Netflix not  realising that I would be charged for the service, I received another email from VM on 3 April 2024 to say that my Netflix account has been cancelled and I couldn't use VM to pay for it.  Went onto the Netflix account page and cancelled my account and received a conformation email by return the same day  5/4/2024. just had my new VM bill come in and i am still being charged !0.99 for Netflix. This is despite VM saying I couldn't pay via VM.

any chance some one can help with this as the offshore help centre Cant seem to be able to help.

3 REPLIES 3

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @preston46 

Welcome back to the community forums

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with being charged for Netflix.

When you go onto Netflix, do you see any profiles still showing at all, or is it asking you to sign up.

If you see any profiles are you able to go into the profile at all and delete it and cancel the subscription through Netflix at all? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi Carley, I just logged into my Netflix account and it says, Your membership will be cancelled at the end of your current billing period on 30 April 2024, It also says billed through virgin media,

Yet I had an email 0n 3 April saying .

Hello ALAN,

Just a heads-up that Virgin Media has been removed as your payment method for Netflix.

This could be because your Virgin Media services changed or were cancelled, or there could’ve been a problem processing a recent payment – usually due to your bank details changing, a credit or debit card expiring, or if you’ve gone over your credit limit with us.

Once we’ve processed your payment, or your account’s back under its credit limit, you’ll be able to reselect Virgin Media as your Netflix payment method and get back to enjoying the shows you love.

If you’ve got any questions about your Netflix account, head to the 

If you want to keep your Netflix account but pay Netflix directly, sign in to your Netflix account and update your payment method using a credit or debit card. If you don’t change your payment method, your subscription will stop at the end of your current period.

Kind regards,

The Virgin Media team

Thanks for the update on this, @preston46, if you wish to get further confirmation on this we would need to discuss in a private message. I sha;; drop your a private message should you wish to act upon it 😀.

Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina