cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix activation

benbmw1980
On our wavelength

I’m having a nightmare too. Started a new deal with Virgin at the end of March with Netflix included. Got the activation email sent and clicked on it etc. been using Netflix fine until this morning when I got emails from Netflix asking to update my payment information and telling me my Netflix account had been ‘paused’. Called Virgin who were no help saying it was activated on their records and fobbing me off to ring Netflix directly.I then called Netflix who found my details but went on to say that Virgin had not activated my account under my new package deal. Called Virgin AGAIN who said they would need to send me another activation email but could not do anything for the next 48 hours as they have an outage with Netflix (how convenient).

The two operators at Virgin did not have a clue what they were talking about which sounds very similar to the other comments on this thread. The customer service is beyond a joke and I’m now regretting staying with Virgin. They messed up setting up my new deal a few weeks ago and I’m sick to death of having to call up to get the most basic issues resolved.

Will definitely be looking to move away from them asap. Not impressed whatsoever.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I am sorry to hear you were provided that email address. I'm unsure why that happened. 

We would advise in our response to customer to let them know once it is resolved. 

I cannot comment on what Martin Lewis knows and doesn't know. 

Just to check, are you able to access your MYVM account and there should be a Netflix tile. Can you check that to see if it allows you to reactivate the service?

^Martin

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

171 REPLIES 171

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi benbmw1980,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you've been having with accessing Netflix.

We are aware of an issue with this and are working to resolve this as soon as possible. 

^Martin

Hi Martin,

It’s a shame the handlers in Virgins call centres are not aware and cannot give a time frame or method of how it is going to be resolved.

Maybe you could provide more information on the fault and when it will be resolved?

awaiting your reply

thank you

Ben

Sorry for this Ben, 

At the moment we don't have anymore information regarding when it will be fixed, but we'll be sure to update you when we do.

Alex_Rm

Hi Alex,

I’ve called Virgin again to see what is going on. They said I need to email the 2nd line support in Swansea as they are looking into it.

What the hell is going on?

Why are customers having to email 2nd line support? Why can’t your operators either.

a) put me through

b) refer this to second line support themselves and get them to call me back.

c) give me a telephone number to call them directly.

This is horrendous customer service, possibly to worst I’ve ever dealt with.

Also my call on Monday was logged as a complaint and was promised a call back within 48 hours, I’m still waiting.

very unhappy customer.

Ben

Ben

What email address have you been given ?

@benbmw1980 wrote:

Hi Alex,

I’ve called Virgin again to see what is going on. They said I need to email the 2nd line support in Swansea as they are looking into it.

….snip…

very unhappy customer.

Ben

And if you fancy being even more unhappy, VM have no customer facing email addresses for fault reporting. And they left the Swansea site and it closed, in oh 2019 I believe!

You were lied to, or just fobbed off - still it got you off the phone and let them chalk up another successfully closed call - which is the important thing.

Oh and that email address doesn’t exist according to valid email address checkers - they made it up!

benbmw1980
On our wavelength

That doesn’t surprise me now.

I think the issue needs media coverage if not resolved by the weekend. That way it will reach the eyes of OFCOM and trading standards too.

I’m sick of overseas call centres who have no clue how to resolve issues or what customer service actually is.

grrrrrrr

We do appreciate your frustration with this benbmw1980. I can assure you we are working to get this resolved as soon as possible. 

^Martin

I’m even more frustrated now due to your customer service team blatantly feeding me an unregistered email address to get me off the phone.(see previous reply from another of your customers)

This only taints the reputation of Virgin media further.

How will you communicate when the issue is fixed to your customers?

Does Martin Lewis know the issues with Netflix and your customer service team yet?

maybe he should?

Ben