cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix activation

benbmw1980
On our wavelength

I’m having a nightmare too. Started a new deal with Virgin at the end of March with Netflix included. Got the activation email sent and clicked on it etc. been using Netflix fine until this morning when I got emails from Netflix asking to update my payment information and telling me my Netflix account had been ‘paused’. Called Virgin who were no help saying it was activated on their records and fobbing me off to ring Netflix directly.I then called Netflix who found my details but went on to say that Virgin had not activated my account under my new package deal. Called Virgin AGAIN who said they would need to send me another activation email but could not do anything for the next 48 hours as they have an outage with Netflix (how convenient).

The two operators at Virgin did not have a clue what they were talking about which sounds very similar to the other comments on this thread. The customer service is beyond a joke and I’m now regretting staying with Virgin. They messed up setting up my new deal a few weeks ago and I’m sick to death of having to call up to get the most basic issues resolved.

Will definitely be looking to move away from them asap. Not impressed whatsoever.

171 REPLIES 171

Mike26
On our wavelength

The lack of Netflix continues. This has lasted for over 5 months. Is there any progress on finding a solution? Has the credit to my account been set up to automatically continue whilst the problem exists?

Sorry to hear the issue is ongoing @Mike26.

You can check if your credit has been applied via your my VM account under the billing https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media . Please also bear with our team while they continue to work on a resolution for you.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Mike26
On our wavelength
It would be helpful if the monthly credits whilst Netflix is not available were arranged automatically by VM and not require me to message you. Can this be arranged?

Hi MIke26, thanks for the message and welcome to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that there is an issue with the Netflix activation, can you log into the online account and click the Netflix button please?

Kind regards, Chris. 

Mike26
On our wavelength

I can see Netflix account recovery option under Account Settings but no Netflix button. 

Hi Mike, thank you for getting back to us! 

What happens if you run through the Netflix account recovery option in your MY VM account? 👉 virg.in/myVM

Can we also just check the issue is still only present on your second box? Or if you having issues on both TV boxes?

Thank you for your patience throughout this process - we appreciate it is a frustrating experience!

All the best. 🌞

Molly

Mike26
On our wavelength

It’s just an issue on our second box where Netflix want me to signup and make monthly payments.

Thanks Mike26,

So I can help further I've popped you over a private message to get a few more details from you (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

Hi Martin,

Not sure if you are still working with virgin but my contract was due to expire so I called to arrange a new deal. After a nightmare of a negotiation I agreed a new deal involving another 18 month subscription to Netflix. 
I should not be surprised but, just like last time, I have been deactivated and cannot watch. I have raised 2 complaints and was told the matter needed to be referred to the technical support team who would have it sorted as a priority within 5 days. Today is the fifth day and nothing. The message system for support is garbage, they take hours to get back to you. The phone support is a joke and the handlers in the Philippines cannot do anything but apologise and ignore the issue.

can you arrange to send a reactivation email like you did 18months ago?

can you sort this issue out for me?

Ben

Hi @benbmw1980,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear you're experiencing some Netflix activation issues again. Can you clarify what's happening for you exactly? What happens if you attempt to activate it via the My Virgin Media online account? When were you advised to wait 5 working days?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!