cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A bill for a month after I’m leaving?

Kennewby
Up to speed

I am leaving Virgin at the end of March, but yesterday I received a bill for the month of April? 
how can I get this sorted?

why have I been sent this? I have a disconnection date from Virgin.

Ken

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Kennewby 

Virgin continue to bill you as usual until your disconnection is complete. This helps to make sure your final month of service isn’t interrupted.

You will therefore probably see charges that go beyond your disconnection date, normally because your cancellation date takes effect mid billing cycle.

Once your services are fully disconnected VM recalculate what you’ve used and send an adjusted final bill  detailing any credits you may have for the services you haven't  used. They then refund those monies by cheque

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Kennewby 

Virgin continue to bill you as usual until your disconnection is complete. This helps to make sure your final month of service isn’t interrupted.

You will therefore probably see charges that go beyond your disconnection date, normally because your cancellation date takes effect mid billing cycle.

Once your services are fully disconnected VM recalculate what you’ve used and send an adjusted final bill  detailing any credits you may have for the services you haven't  used. They then refund those monies by cheque

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Dave, 

Thanks for your reply, that’s nice and clear now, but, there’s always a but,

why does it take me to come to a forum like this to get this information? Surly it would be a good idea to explain in the same terminology that you just have, on my bill? they know I’m leaving they have all the dates etc. they could stop customers getting stressed about bills with clear and relevant information at the right time.

Cheers Dave

Hi Kennewby
Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community.

The information provided by newapollo is correct, this should have been advised when scheduling the disconnection. We are very sorry if this wasn't done and for any confusion caused.

If you do have any questions or concerns regarding your final bill, please pop back to us and we would be happy to help. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

@Kennewby wrote:

Hi Dave, 

Thanks for your reply, that’s nice and clear now, but, there’s always a but,

why does it take me to come to a forum like this to get this information? Surly it would be a good idea to explain in the same terminology that you just have, on my bill? they know I’m leaving they have all the dates etc. they could stop customers getting stressed about bills with clear and relevant information at the right time.

Cheers Dave

I agree. In same situation. Bill paid up until last day of disconnection and bill says "Closing bill". Another bill just arrived at full out of contract price with price increase for £75.07 for a billing period where NOTHING will be used and goes out on April 12th. The have to wait 28 days or so for a cheque. They have my bank details, why not just electronically pay it in. Answer, is to be an inconvenience to the customer, a parting gift.

I have the same, I have a final bill for a month after the disconnection date, at full no discount added price ( £65 ! ) I was advised by sales guy to cancel the direct debit and it will sort itself out. But on screen it says pay now or I’ll get a £7-50 late payment charge added. 
late payment for a payment which is not applicable? My disconnection date is 29th March, the bill of £ 65 is for the month of April?

do I leave the direct debit cancelled? 

Hi @Kennewby 

Thanks for coming back to us. I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill