cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving house and without consent renewed contract

fatmabetulergul
Joining in

When I moved house, my contract was renewed and now I feel deceived because I did not approve it. Also, I was not allowed to cancel while moving and I waited for 3 months for the internet to be connected. Now I get an email saying my bill is now £51. This is not acceptable. I am being forced to pay double my bill with a contract I did not approve. Normally my contract was ending this month. Either update my contract date or edit the price. I did not approve this new contract.

3 REPLIES 3

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @fatmabetulergul,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear you have gone through this, with our Movers process, when you request a Move, if you are going to somewhere where Virgin is serviceable we would advise transferring the account as if you cancel it this will incur early disconnection fees.

With regards to the Contract, can you confirm if when you moved you had changed anything in your package at all?

Joe

I moved house in August, normally my contract would have ended this month, so they did not allow me to cancel while I was moving, they said that I would have to pay money if I canceled, this week I received an e-mail that my bill, which was £24, would now be £51, when I called to understand what happened, I learned that the contract was renewed while I was moving. , and my bill is doubling this month, who would accept such a contract, I feel cheated, because I did not approve such a contract, I think I should complain about it.

Hi @fatmabetulergul 

Thanks for coming back to us.

If you move house and have time left on the contract, it's a simple contract continuation. However, what sometimes happens is that the contract is done at full length and then amended after. You should be made aware of this however firstly to avoid any confusion. 

I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill