cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel my landline

LeviStubbsToe
Tuning in

Hi - I currently have broadband, TV & a landline provided by Virgin Media. Can I cancel the landline? I never use it & I'm fed up with receiving scam calls on it. I've been unable to find a definitive answer anywhere. I'm not even sure how much I pay for the landline!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes, you can cancel your landline, but there are disadvantages.

1) You will no longer be able to contact Virgin customer services for free.

2) Landlines carry a huge bundle discount, which you will lose by dropping the service. In other words the cost of TV & Broadband will increase substantially as a result. There is nothing to stop you just unplugging the phone if you are not using it, which many do to keep their discounts.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes, you can cancel your landline, but there are disadvantages.

1) You will no longer be able to contact Virgin customer services for free.

2) Landlines carry a huge bundle discount, which you will lose by dropping the service. In other words the cost of TV & Broadband will increase substantially as a result. There is nothing to stop you just unplugging the phone if you are not using it, which many do to keep their discounts.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello LeviStubbsToe.

Thanks for your post regarding the cancellation of your landline.

Sadly we are unable to process any package changes from here.

Like what @nodrogd has already advised.

Your landline would always be associated with a bundle for your other services.

Removing this would also remove any current bundle discounts you have, Another bundle discount would be added bit it is normally not as great as the previous one.

Line rental is £19 a month, and using the example Talk More Anytime is £7.

If you removed these it won't save £26 a month as the bundle discount will be less.

It's always giving us a call 150 free to see if you are on the best possible package.

Gareth_L

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

If you have a landline you don't need to have it connected all the time, just plug it in when you need to make a call.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection