cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I delete my @ntlworld email account?

karenHebbs
Tuning in

Hello I have an old ntl email account that appears to have been hacked and the hacher is using it. How do I go about getting it deleted? I tried to log back into it but they have changed my password. Ive seen from another thread you were able to look into this for someone else and was able to help. Many thanks

18 REPLIES 18

karenHebbs
Tuning in

Hello I have an old ntl email account that appears to have been hacked and the hacker is using it. How do I go about getting it deleted? I tried to log back into it but they have changed my password. Ive seen from another thread you were able to look into this for someone else and was able to help. Many thanks

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The forum team are best placed to help with this issue and it has been flagged to them.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Select Mark as Helpful Answer or 🖒 Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for your public post @karenHebbs.

For the benefit of third party readers, this has been picked up and taken to private message by myself with the aim of having this resolved for the poster.

Thanks,

David_Bn

Thanks David, appreciate the help, hopefully you can sort this for me 🙂

Hi karenHebbs, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

I can see David has indeed raised this with the IT Team. They will pick this up and delete the account for you. Once that's done, they will email David with an update and he will come back to you directly 🙂 

If you've not heard anything back within 7 days, pop back and we can check things for you. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you for the update, hopefully I can get confirmation it's been deleted soon as its very worrying. 😔

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I can certainly appreciate how this can cause worry for you!

Rest assured once the team receive an update on the ticket, we'll be quick to let you know!

Thanks for your patience during this time.

Regards,

Kain

Hello has this been deleted yet? It's now been 2 weeks since I have reported this breach meaning the hacker has had access to my old email account  for that whole time which comprises my data privacy and puts me a great risk of identity theft and potential fraud.. hoping you can get this deleted asap. Many thanks 😊 

Hi @karenHebbs 

Thanks for coming back to the thread. I've checked the ticket and it has been escalated. They'll sort this asap.

Best wishes. 

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill