cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Button - V6/TiVo boxes

Foxylady6264
On our wavelength

Trying to watch the Sunderland v LCFC game via the red button and it's not working. It says there aren't  currently any interactive games on any of the sky sports channels...... Please sort this as I'm not getting the service I pay for.

33 REPLIES 33

Looks like we need updated 360 boxes..I'll be phoning them tomorrow. It's not good enough considering how much we pay for the service. All the matches tonight should be available via the red button, it's on the vidi print on the sky sports news channel.

Our V6 boxes aren't fit for purpose by the sounds of it. I'll be phoning them tomorrow.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Foxylady6264 wrote:

Our V6 boxes aren't fit for purpose by the sounds of it. I'll be phoning them tomorrow.

Sky see these older TiVO boxes the same way they do their own customers Sky+ boxes, as outdated technology. They don’t consider it worth spending money or time updating the background apps that run on them.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

All the games are available using the red button on my 360 on channels 501, 503 and the UHD channels 532 and 534.

They offer a software update together with a new remote to bring it up to the same spec as the 360 without changing boxes ( you can’t record on 360, only stream) which is probably worth bearing in mind.

Thanks for the info.

Think it's an issue for older boxes, sounds like a software update is required. Glad you're able to access things OK.

@JimmyH07 wrote:

They offer a software update together with a new remote to bring it up to the same spec as the 360 without changing boxes ( you can’t record on 360, only stream) which is probably worth bearing in mind.

Are you saying you can record red button options on the V6 ? I don't remember that.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When red-button streams were also provided by additional linear (but usually SD) broadcast channels, then they are recordable in the same way as any other channel.

Given the lack of red-button on the F1 at the weekend, I rather suspect that all of Sky Sports red-button is now provided by the new HD-IP app that is only on TV360 & Stream. It should therefore be considered alongside the numerous other pros & cons of a software conversion, if this functionality is important.

Edited to clarify a couple of other points I've just spotted in the various replies...

TV360, while sharing hardware with V6, runs completely different software in the same way as Apple runs different software to Android. So many mention of bringing a V6 "up to spec" is misunderstanding the nature of a conversion to TV360. It's a reformat of the box's HDD with install of a completely different OS.

TV360 is a recording-platform with multiroom-facilities, Stream is - as the name suggests - an online-only single box solution that's broadly considered an add-on for broadband-only customers.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There has actually been a fault raised regarding red button functionality on tivo's

Info below copy pasted from /service-status 

We hope to fix this by 6 March at 0:03

Our engineer is on site and is working to fix the problem

You might find that you are having problems using the Red Button services on Sky Sports Football and Main Event on your TiVo services at the moment. We are sorry about this, our engineers are looking at fixing this as soon as possible.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali