cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard drive issue

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm afraid it looks like my hard drive is on the way out.

Service Status via MVM app, and MVM via a browser, and the automated Service Status number are only showing the known fault F011218215 with ITV+1 (this issue doesn't affect me)

Running a test on my kit via the MVM app brings up two main 360 boxes with incorrect serial numbers and no issues found on the box which app says is S/N AALX704418270000, however the box which the app says is AALX704420150000 has a smart card provisioning issue -  we aren't getting a reading from your smarcard

I am unable to pause and rewind live TV.

I am unable to play recordings, and most apps, I keep getting error numbers CS2200, CS2217 and CS2400

I'm normally connected via ethernet cable, have tried two different ethernet cables and also wifi and still get the same error codes. The only internet issues are with this set op box.

No problems with BBC iPlayer. 

ITVX loads the adverts but unable to play any programs instead it shows Playback  error code ITV-1S-6006 Platform Virgin Media .

Netflix unable to play (error tvq-pb-101(8.1) although it shows it shows as connected to two netflix servers with connection speed of 246.91 Mbps.

Rebooting the box leaves it stuck on the foreign languages boot up screen.

Factory  resetting (keeping the recordings) the box leaves it stuck on the foreign languages boot up screen.

I've managed to get the box to fully boot by holding down both the power button and the + button at the same time.(It shows the update screen with a disk before finishing booting)

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
9 REPLIES 9

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

Is this a V6 converted to a 360, and how old is it? I've had my Arris-made box since November 2017 and it's still working well.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Roger_Gooner 

Yes  it's an Arris V6 converted to 360 and I've had mine since approx April 2017. It's been working throughout up until today (if I ignore the power light always showing as red for the past 3 years)

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello newapollo.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I was going to say welcome to our community, But you know it very well.

From what you have tried and tested it will be the 360 box coming to the end of its working life.

I am happy to send you a private message, pass security and arrange for an engineer to attend and swap the box over.

If you can check your logo at the  top right of your screen that would be very much appreciated.
Regards     
Gareth_L

Hello again newapollo.

Thanks for those speedy replies.

I have sent the engineers appointment time to you by private message.

I know you will do, but can you please let me know how the visit goes.

Or if you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to get back in touch.

Gareth_L

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi  @Gareth_L 

The appointment slot is just the ticket thanks

I will let you know how the visit goes.

Thanks again for your help

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Gareth_L 

Top marks for the tech.

The faulty box was replaced, like for like which was an unexpected bonus so I still have two 360's with hard drives.  He also extended the white coxial for my hub. 

It was all sorted in around 20 minutes, it would have been quicker but had to wait for the new 360 to perform a couple of software updates.

He asked what the problem, listened intently whilst I explained the steps I'd taken to actually get the box working. He immediately confirmed it was the hard drive and confirmed it needed a box swap. He was very friendly, courteous and efficient, and even waited to confirm the replacement box was working correctly.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Good afternoon newapollo.

Thanks for the follow up. Glad to hear everything went as planned with the added bonus of an additional 360 box.

I have passed on your comments to the tech and his manager as well.

It's only fair he gets recognised for his excellent work.

I shall leave you in peace now.

Regards

Gareth_L

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

Was this another Arris-built box? I have some reason to believe that Humax stopped making 360s a while ago.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

Was this another Arris-built box? I have some reason to believe that Humax stopped making 360s a while ago.

Yes @Roger_Gooner 

It's the same as the one it replaced,  an Arris-DC960-MPA+

Dave
The do's and don'ts.