cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No red button on sky sports v6 box

Roy16
On our wavelength

I have the same problem as another member, no red button on sky sports tennis, my iPad shows six court options, I contacted customer services but they seem a bit vague as to what the problem is, they will get back to me, can anybody help, I read somewhere that I might need an upgrade to 360

TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The Sky Sports background app on the V6 boxes can only pick up additional (highly compressed) SD broadcast streams provided by Sky. Sky are not providing these streams for Sky Sports Tennis. The Horizon boxes (V360 & Stream) now have an updated app that pulls multiple HD streams (& additional interactive content) off an IP driven circuit. I think it unlikely that Sky will develop an updated app for the ageing TiVO platform. They have been doing the same with their own Sky+ customers, who now have far less facilities than those with SkyQ or Sky Stream.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

martjam1867
Tuning in

Same problem here.  I’ve also heard that V6 customers aren’t able to access the red button content on Sky Sports Tennis, but nothing official from Virgin Media yet.

If I had to upgrade to a TV 360 box, would it be free and would I have to start a new contract?
Would appreciate some answers from Virgin Media.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The Sky Sports background app on the V6 boxes can only pick up additional (highly compressed) SD broadcast streams provided by Sky. Sky are not providing these streams for Sky Sports Tennis. The Horizon boxes (V360 & Stream) now have an updated app that pulls multiple HD streams (& additional interactive content) off an IP driven circuit. I think it unlikely that Sky will develop an updated app for the ageing TiVO platform. They have been doing the same with their own Sky+ customers, who now have far less facilities than those with SkyQ or Sky Stream.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Roy16
On our wavelength

Just ordered a free upgrade to a 360, waiting for the 360 remote and then will update my v6 to 360, hopefully I will have multi screen option then.

martjam1867
Tuning in

Hi Roy

Can you tell me how much the upgrade to TV360 costs please and did you have to start a new contract?
MARTIN

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@martjam1867 wrote:

Can you tell me how much the upgrade to TV360 costs please and did you have to start a new contract?

The costs to migrate to TV360 vary depending on your package - there may be a small charge for the new remote.

There is no need to change your package or re-contract unless you want to.

Roy16
On our wavelength

Ordered a remote on chat ,still waiting after 5 days, spent 4 hours on WhatsApp and phone trying to get a upgrade and order a remote with no success, kept passing me from one dept to another, in the end the Asian operator told me that somebody would call me back from the UK, still waiting after 24 hours, don’t try on chat, give them a ringl

good luck Roy

Roy16
On our wavelength

Continuing the saga,ordered  a remote on chat ,still waiting after 5 days, spent 4 hours on WhatsApp and phone trying to get a upgrade and order a remote with no success, kept passing me from one dept to another, in the end the Asian operator told me that somebody would call me back from the UK, still waiting , have put in a complaint but I am not holding my breath

Hi @Roy16 

Welcome back to the community forums 

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your remote order. I can see on the systems at our side that you have since spoken with the team and looks to all be resolved for you. 
Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Roy16
On our wavelength

Thanks for the message, one thing I don’t seem to have a upgrade to 360 box option in my v6 box settings

thanks Roy