cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mini box won’t power on

FrancisHenry
Tuning in

Hi, 

A day or so after installation, my mini-box won’t power up. There is no light on the front and the unit is unresponsive. I’ve tried this with the power adaptor for the main box and still no joy so the issue is definitely with the box itself.

Any ideas on how to reset, reboot somehow? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi FrancisHenry,

Thanks for coming back to me via private message to confirm your information. 
I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign into your Online Account, once you log in scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. 
Just to confirm, there will be no charge for this visit unless:
The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment.
The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment.
The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.
Please ensure that someone over the age of 18 is at the property for the time the engineer is there. If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. If you do miss the appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment, so it is important to reschedule if needed. 
Let us know how the appointment goes.
Regards
Paul.   

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

roy247
Community elder

If you have swopped the power supply and it doesn't start up then it looks like you will need the box replacing.

You can either call Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to
report a fault, or wait here for one of the forum team to pick this up which might be 2 to 3 day's.

When phoning choose the option to report a fault, then ignore all the options offered and you should then be placed into a queue to speak to someone.

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi FrancisHenry,

Thanks for coming back to me via private message to confirm your information. 
I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign into your Online Account, once you log in scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. 
Just to confirm, there will be no charge for this visit unless:
The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment.
The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment.
The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.
Please ensure that someone over the age of 18 is at the property for the time the engineer is there. If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. If you do miss the appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment, so it is important to reschedule if needed. 
Let us know how the appointment goes.
Regards
Paul.   

Thanks Paul, all sorted.

Technician diagnosed a faulty mini-box and swapped out for a new one. All sorted in 15mins.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @FrancisHenry,

Welcome back to us about your ongoing issue! Glad to hear that the technician was able to help and rectify this problem! 😊 

If there's anything else we can do to help, please let us know. We're here to help!

Thanks! 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs