cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recordings & links all wiped off

JMcA21
On our wavelength

Hey after upgrading to 360 a few months ago & initial problems being solved, it's happening again. Turned box on today & all recordings & series links to record have been deleted, all apps (prime, netflix, iplayer etc) won't save log in info. Tried rebooting, resetting, turning off & on again. Any other suggestions? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Community elder

I always say if the 360 is deleting your recordings it's a sign that the box is faulty, especially if it does it more than once. You can either call Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to report a fault, or wait here for one of the forum team to pick this up which might be 2 to 3 day's.

When phoning choose the option to report a fault, then ignore all the options offered and you should then be placed into a queue to speak to someone.

You could also try a factory reset of the 360, if you haven't got any recordings you might as well go for the format disk option and if or 'when' the box deletes everything again then phone Virgin.

They might suggest you set the Auto delete option to off, it probably already is and shouldn't affect planned recordings but you can check by doing the following;

Press Home > Recordings > Recorded > View All > Manage Storage > Enter your pin > Auto delete when space needed > Set to Off.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

roy247
Community elder

I always say if the 360 is deleting your recordings it's a sign that the box is faulty, especially if it does it more than once. You can either call Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to report a fault, or wait here for one of the forum team to pick this up which might be 2 to 3 day's.

When phoning choose the option to report a fault, then ignore all the options offered and you should then be placed into a queue to speak to someone.

You could also try a factory reset of the 360, if you haven't got any recordings you might as well go for the format disk option and if or 'when' the box deletes everything again then phone Virgin.

They might suggest you set the Auto delete option to off, it probably already is and shouldn't affect planned recordings but you can check by doing the following;

Press Home > Recordings > Recorded > View All > Manage Storage > Enter your pin > Auto delete when space needed > Set to Off.

JMcA21
On our wavelength

Thanks for the reply, think the box is failing. It's happened before then miraculously fixed itself for a few months! Think I'll need to bite the bullet & phone them, the thought of that is not filling me with joy! 

LisaBr
Joining in

Mine did the same on the same day. I wondered if there was an update.

Hi LisaBr,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to see you lost recordings and links from your 360 Box, how are things now, did this resolve itself?

Regards

Paul.

JMcA21
On our wavelength

Happened again on Thursday & no update happened so think it's just the box. Calling faults team tomorrow! 

Were you able to speak to the team JMcA21? If so, were they able to help?

If not, let us know and we'll be happy to look into this further for you.

Rob

Hi 

I just rang up.

They asked me to stop auto delete, which I have already done.

They then sent some signal down the cable (?!) Which he claims will fix my issues.

Will see if this magic signal works!

Hi LisaBr,

As its been a few days since your last post, we wanted to check in with you 🙂

Has the signal boost improves things for you?

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide