cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 box broken - no display

mrburns78
Tuning in

Hi we have a 360 box which has been working fine for a couple of years but as of a few days ago it produces no display at all when switched on. The system still powers up and displays the white power button light as expected, but no picture is ever displayed to the tv via HDMI - not even the virgin splash screen. We have multiroom and our second mini box is still working fine, I have also switched over the boxes and confirmed the tv/cables are all fine as the mini box works in both locations, the main 360 box is broken in both locations.
Could this be due to a faulty software update? How can I get the box repaired or replaced?
Many thanks for any help.

7 REPLIES 7

roy247
Community elder

You could try turning off the 360 with the switch on the back of the box, then on the 360 box  press and hold down both the power button and the + button at the same time.

Then turn on the 360 again whilst keeping hold of those buttons for a further 30 seconds.

The box should reboot, the power button will turn blue, and it should reset and boot up normally.

If not then it will probably need a call to Virgin to report a faulty box, or wait for one of the forum team to respond which might be 2 to 3 days.

mrburns78
Tuning in

Many thanks for your reply. I tried that and the box reboots, power button illuminates etc but still nothing from the HDMI display. Sounds like it has definitely died then, I shall give Virgin a call in the morning.

Best time is at 8am when the lines open. 🤞

What version software is your 2nd box running, Virgin are currently rolling out V5.07, l am still on V5.05.

mrburns78
Tuning in

Hi thanks for your reply - I think this may be something for me to check into. A virgin engineer came to replace the box, and the new one worked for a few hours before the fault returned. So I'm wondering if it picked up the software update and it's the strangest thing but maybe the v5.07 update kills the display on my TVs (panansonic plasmas). We have 2 of these TVs and the main boxes (old and now new one) do not work on either of them, whereas the mini box works fine on both TVs. I also tried the new main box against a HDMI projector and I can get a picture, so its starting to suggest an incompatibility with v5.07 and Panasonic Plasma TVs but I need to do more testing to confirm.

Thanks for coming back to us mrburns78, have you found out anything further since you last posted?

The box should be compatible with all TVs, so I'm not sure why this is happening and this clearly an issue if both of your TVs are having the same issues. I will see if I can find more information about this issue from our side. 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Hi, thanks for replying - yes I've tested the new 360 box against a friend's Hisense TV and was able to get a picture (using the same HDMI cable), so I'm now certain that these boxes become incompatible with certain Panasonic plasma TVs with the latest software update. If it helps our TV model numbers are Panasonic Viera TX-P46S20B and TX-P42S20B. Is there a way to manually roll the software back to v5.05?

We can't roll software back sorry but it should work with this TV.

Let me DM you we may need to get you a tech out to take a look.

Please look out for my DM

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?