cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GB News Pixelation

jonathanw27
On our wavelength

Hi, anyone else having picture issues on GB News (channel 604)?  I've been getting regular pixelation issues for the last couple of weeks.  All other channels are fine, just GB News affected.  I've done the usual TV360 box reboot etc. but made no difference.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @jonathanw27  and @daveoc 

It might be a local issue.  Have you used the /check-services/i  function? You can also a run a test on your equipment from there. 

If nothing is showing  you could also try the automated Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Sky News and BBC2 are on the same mux as GB News so if there are any pixilation problems on those channels it may be down to your internal cabling, so check that, especially the white coaxial and make sure it's snug and tight and free from any kinks.  

If the above doesn't help then please post your rough geographical location eg Manchester, Birmingham, Leeds as it may help forum staff.  (I've just checked and no issues in my area which is Middlesbrough Teesside)

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

daveoc
Up to speed

I've got it as well. Reboot did nothing. It's not awful, just a line of pixelation across the screen for a second or so every few minutes.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @jonathanw27  and @daveoc 

It might be a local issue.  Have you used the /check-services/i  function? You can also a run a test on your equipment from there. 

If nothing is showing  you could also try the automated Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Sky News and BBC2 are on the same mux as GB News so if there are any pixilation problems on those channels it may be down to your internal cabling, so check that, especially the white coaxial and make sure it's snug and tight and free from any kinks.  

If the above doesn't help then please post your rough geographical location eg Manchester, Birmingham, Leeds as it may help forum staff.  (I've just checked and no issues in my area which is Middlesbrough Teesside)

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

casbar
Dialled in

Yes, both myself and my son are having the same issue as you. Tried tightening all the cables and switched the box on and off, but still the same. Serves us right for watching GB News 🙂 

casbar
Dialled in

Just to add, checked services, all ok apparently, doesn't seem to happen on sky - location Salisbury

jonathanw27
On our wavelength

Hi all, just to say I tried the 'Check Services' function link in @newapollo's post, used it to do a full hub reset and early signs look like it's fixed!  I'll know for sure tonight when I watch it for longer.  I'm in Derby.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No issues with GB News on my V6, content aside.

It may be helpful to confirm rough locations, and whether Sky News HD is similarly affected. If the channels are in your package, also check TNT Sports 2HD, Sky Nature HD & Sky Sports Golf HD.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jonathanw27
On our wavelength

Spoke too soon, still pixelating!

HI jonathanw27, thanks for the reply. 

Can you confirm if it is only the GB news which is pixelating or are other channels affected? ^CW

Hi Chris, it's only GB News that I have pixelation issues on.  I actually watched it for 30 mins this morning and don't recall any picture issues.  I had an email yesterday from Virgin Media service updates saying a fault in my area was fixed yesterday - fault code F011063313.  Is it possible this has fixed it?  Can you tell what that fault code relates to?
Thanks.