cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dark Picture and Virgin guide but fine after watching 4k!?

DarrenJL
Tuning in

Hello...

Had a new 360 box 6 weeks ago as old one kept signing out of all my apps! New box sorted this. 

This is my issue with the new box 

All channels and steaming services are dark and dull. You can tell straight away that it is dark. The virgin media interface, TV guides, home options are dark. Colours are dull. 

Until... 

I switch to a 4k channel... ie: TNT sports ultimate... 

I then switch back to BBC1 HD and the picture becomes brighter and more vivid. The virgin system you see when you press home becomes brighter and colour more vivid. 

Spoke to Virgin this morning and no fault with box and passed to engineering team who are looking at. 

All my TV settings and 360 settings are correct as far as I can see. 

Any help or suggestions to fix this would be great. 

Many Thanks

Darren

2 REPLIES 2

roy247
Superstar

TNT Sports Ultimate is broadcast in HDR/HLG so it sounds like your box is sticking with those settings and not switching back to the normal settings. 

Possible box problem if you have tried a different HDMI cable and connector on the TV.

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @DarrenJL 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the community forums, it's great to have you back. 

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue with your service and thank you to roy247 for their help and advise so far. Have you been able to try another HDMI cable as they have advised? 

To confirm is the box now showing is the preferred more vibrant settings or has it switched back after some time?