cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: 360 box keeps turning on TV during the night

JamesAbrahart
Joining in

New customer here. No problem with my main 360 box in the living room BUT my 360 MINI box in my bedroom turned itself on TWICE last night which also turned my tv on both times, waking me up.

7 REPLIES 7

Freg
Joining in

Might be worth a look at any SIMPLINK (HDMI-CEC) settings on your tv (in the hdmi / devices settings).  Disabling simplink May stop tv switching on (if box activates overnight if virgin  do an overnight update) It worked for me on my main tv with virgin 360 box.  

Hammyman
Tuning in

Hi James. I started this thread over a year ago. VM still not sorted out the problem! Mine still turns the TV on in the middle of the night about twice a month..

b1lly
On our wavelength

My 360 box has turned it's self on the last 3 nights. I had already turned off the HDMI auto turn on on my Panasonic TV because I'd had the issue last year, so it has only been the 360 box turning on, not the TV. It hadn't happened for a few months and then this. A long term ongoing issue Virgin clearly cannot fix.

It's turned it's self on and been on in the morning, I don't mind but it's using electricity.

The Tivo V6 system was much better than the 360 box in many ways, it's actually quite frustrating, so much so I'd go back to a V6 system if I could.

Hi @b1lly, thank you for your post.

We're sorry to hear about what's been happening 😔

When you turn off the TV, do you specifically turn off the 360 box or just the TV itself? Unfortunately, we're unable to revert you back to the V6 system, but we can certainly have a look into the issue for you. 

Please pop back to us at your earliest convenience.

Regards,
Daniel

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Any code drops or software updates will cause TV boxes to restart, this is the same for V6 & TV360.

Your power-saving settings then kick in as if you'd turned the box on yourself.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

b1lly
On our wavelength

Sorry, I didn't realise you'd replied to me as I've been discussing yet another issue with your colleague Molly_T.

3 times the box has turned it's self on this week in the middle of the night. I had disconnected the Viera link and the auto HDMI link on the TV which has stopped the TV from turning on. None the less the 360 box is still randomly turning it's self on during the night. Yesterday the 360 box turned it's self off twice in the afternoon so whatever it is, is getting rather tedious.  

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to us, 

Just to piggy back off @japitts advised there can be updates around that time, when you state the amount of times it's turned itself on, is that stretched throughout the week?
Regards,

Kain