cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to O2 network questions

TheRookieGB
Dialled in

Hi all

i have been with VMobile for a few months now and apart from a few niggles it’s been fine.

I see that we will this year move O2 fully.

As it not a new SIM card will this be basically Virgin Mobile diverting via Belgium on the O2 network as it is currently or will it be exactly the same as an O2 customer? 

I only ask as I had the iPhone issue with contacts showing wrongly as the Roaming > Sim applications > set Region > National fix worked for me. This was an issue as VM divert the network via Belgium and at times it would change the format of the contacts from UK to Europe Belgium. Then all numbers and messages would appear from random people.

Moving to O2 would fully fix this issue if the Belgium re-route is turned off.

any answer on this? 

if you were to order a new sim after the migration would you get a Vm sim or a new O2 one? 

cheers all

75 REPLIES 75

Hi

Thanks again. I suppose it’s wait and see. 

Thanks

ZXT
On our wavelength

I was in the first wave that was moved across from virgin to o2 at the end of march. It hasn't gone well. They told me it'd happen overnight (it didn't) and that they'd text me my new o2 log in details once the move was complete. They haven't. Still waiting. Hopefully it won't be such a mess for others when the time comes. 

Hi @ZXT 👋 Thank you for your post 😀 We're sorry to hear about the poor experience you've had 😔

What date specifically were you initially told the transfer would happen? Also, have you received any communication about the transfer since that date?

General advice on the move to O2 can be found here.

Regards,

Daniel

ZXT
On our wavelength

I got a text on 30th March saying my move would happen "overnight". That didn't happen, but at 17:00 on 31st March, my phone started showing the O2 sign. The guidance on the virgin and o2 websites says I should then have got a text with my new o2 log in details. That still has not happened. I got a generic email yesterday asking how I was getting in with my o2 SIM plan. I contacted o2 on twitter last Saturday and am still waiting for a response. I also emailed their complaints team last Saturday and am still waiting for a reply to that too. It's been very messy. Very, very poor service from o2.

Hi @ZXT, thank you for your response 😀

Have O2 provided any clear timeframes on when you should expect to hear back from them?

Regards,

Daniel

ZXT
On our wavelength

Their email said "7 working days"

Hi @ZXT, thank you for coming back to us.

We would suggest allowing for that timeframe, but if you're still no further forward thereafter, please pop back to us and we'll do our best to assist.

Regards,

Daniel

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ZXT Try going here and putting in your number. 

Do it with WiFi turned off so O2 recognise the SIM

Worth a shot

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi, those of you who have now moved to O2, are you being given a new contract? 

ZXT
On our wavelength

Yup.