cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Phone switch over - additional phones

GeoffWray
Joining in

I have received notification that me home phone is moving over to a fibre network (where I will be plugging my phone in to my Wi-Fi router) the paperwork indicates that devices connected via extension wiring and sockets will not work after switch over. I currently have 2 x extension phones which plug in to my house 240v electric sockets only, are these therefore not going to work after switch over?

7 REPLIES 7

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there GeoffWray,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community.

Regarding the extensions you should still be able to have access however we'd need to book an appointment to get this sorted.

I've dropped you a PM so we can discuss further.

The message will appear within the envelope icon.

Regards,

Kain

goslow
Alessandro Volta

If you have a cordless phone system (a base station and a number of cordless handsets around the home) these would work in the same way with the landline-via-hub.

You would plug the cordless base station into the phone socket on the VM hub, via the adapter supplied by VM, instead of connecting to a telephone wall socket. The cordless handsets would work as before.

21-cv-connection-to-hub.jpg

If you are using corded phones which each need to plug into a telephone wall socket, then VM should modify your telephone wiring in the home so that the telephone wall sockets continue to work after switchover. VM should do this free of charge as part of the switchover.

Thank you Kain, on a similar note my parents have a life line connected to their phone and will also be moving over to fibre will they also need to make an appointment for someone to sort that out as well 

Thank you 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response, 

If they have a similar setup then we'd need to get an appointment booked.

I've dropped you a PM so we can get this sorted for you!

Thanks,

Kain

williamgeorge
On our wavelength

The wife and I have lifeline installed for emergency.Now the landline has been changed to a fiber net work and the internet goes down we can’t get it working.All we get is a message keeps telling us your landline is disconnected.We had it once after internet was of for work being work done in our area every 30seconds all night from midnight to 8am.

Hi williamgeorge, 

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with your broadband service. 

I am happy to take a look into this. I will private message you now to confirm your details. 

^Martin