cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to O2 network questions

TheRookieGB
Dialled in

Hi all

i have been with VMobile for a few months now and apart from a few niggles it’s been fine.

I see that we will this year move O2 fully.

As it not a new SIM card will this be basically Virgin Mobile diverting via Belgium on the O2 network as it is currently or will it be exactly the same as an O2 customer? 

I only ask as I had the iPhone issue with contacts showing wrongly as the Roaming > Sim applications > set Region > National fix worked for me. This was an issue as VM divert the network via Belgium and at times it would change the format of the contacts from UK to Europe Belgium. Then all numbers and messages would appear from random people.

Moving to O2 would fully fix this issue if the Belgium re-route is turned off.

any answer on this? 

if you were to order a new sim after the migration would you get a Vm sim or a new O2 one? 

cheers all

75 REPLIES 75

MAnderson70
Up to speed

Hi, rather than start a new thread, thought I would ask here as it seems slightly similar to my issue. 

My wife has just moved over from VM to 02. All seems to be fine other than all calls coming in as 'unknown' caller, even those in here contacts list. Text/WhatsApp/Messenger etc, all show contact name....only voice calls. 
I have spent ages today checking/unchecking this box and that to no avail. 

We did take the phone to 02 today, and removing/inserting the sim did initially fix it, only until we got home though, Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and has a fix? Phone is a Moto Edge. Thanks! 

Hi there @MAnderson70 

Thank you for your post and welcome back to the forum, it's great to have you back. 

I'm so sorry to hear that you have faced these issues with your service and thank you again for updating the forums. 

We would recommend reaching out to O2 so that they can take a look into this closer with you. 

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Loads of posts on the O2 Community about no caller ID

Common denominator is Motorola

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

ZXT
On our wavelength

Haven't had that problem myself. I have a Google pixel 6 pro. 

So, after a wee bit of research, Motorola phones have an option for '4g calling'. This doesn't seem to like the o2 network. Switch this off and it solves the problem. Not sure if this is the same as wifi calling or not, but switch that off as well (on Moto phones anyway) and your contacts will show again. 

Hi MAnderson70, 4G and WiFi calling are the same.

I am glad to hear that you have gotten this resolved and do please let me know if you need assistance with this?

Kind regards, Chris.