cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAD SIGNAL SINCE LEAVING VIRGIN FOR 02

DIMMY007
Joining in

I do realise that Virgin mobile used the same O2 network and transmitter masts. However could someone please tell me why is it that when I was on Virgin my signal at home was 4 bars and clear. BUT since being  tranferred to O2 at home I have only one or no bar signal strength on my mobile phone !.Sometimes calls do not even get through to my mobile at home and during mid conversation I get cut off. It even says my phone is "not registered on the network" sometimes. It's not my phone at fault because when I'm in another location the signal is good! PLUS on Virgin customer service answered in a few minutes but on O2 it's impossible to get through to a human being! I checked the o2 network and it says faulty local mast but it says that for nearly every postcode! Virgin please come back!

7 REPLIES 7

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @DIMMY007 

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your mobile signal since the switch over to O2. We can understand the inconvenience caused and we want to best help. Can you confirm that your service has fully been migrated? Does this issue only occur in your home? Can you confirm if you are checking for signal issues here? https://www.o2.co.uk/coveragechecker

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Get to an O2 store with photo ID and get a proper O2 SIM

In many cases that works

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello again DIMMY007.

Were you able to check the service status page we posted in out last reply?

Also the excellent advice by @enlli will be worth trying.

Please keep us posted how things go.

Gareth_L

Thanks I've received my new O2 sim in the post.hopefully it'll improve my signal.

Thanks for coming back to us DIMMY007 and please let us know how it goes with your new sim card.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Yes the bad signal or no signal is only when I'm at home and since the switch from Virgin to O2. I have tried the O2 network checker and it keeps saying "faulty local mast" for my post code and that "engineers are aware" but it's been saying that for a month. I've now got a replacement O2 SIM to replace my Virgin SIM so hopefully it will improve the signal. .if not I'm off to EE..!

Thanks for the update DIMMY007,

Please let us know how you get on with your new sim card from O2. We're hoping this resolve the issue for you, however if you're still experiencing issues. please get in contact with the team here https://origin-dwww.perf.ref.o2.co.uk/contactus.

Kind regards Jodi.