cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 network data

ajacko71
Tuning in

Hopefully someone from virgin may take a look this.

I have the volt package with the O2 SIM . when at work I can not get any data for most of the day.

The 02 signal checker says area has great coverage BUT ALSO SAYS there is a known problem in the area.

They have sent a new SIM card still the same and they said they were looking into it? But I have had no more information from either 02 or virgin.

I would happily cancel but they insist I am under contract but my argument is they are not supplying what we signed up for.

2 REPLIES 2

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ajacko71 thanks for your post here in the Community, although we're really sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised here.

Unfortunately, with O2 service issues we are unable to help, just as O2 wouldn't be able to assist if there were issues with your broadband.

We do hope they're able to get this resolved for you though, so please do continue to reach out to them via their contact channels.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Many thanks

Tom_W

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just to add though, coverage & data speeds are dictated by two different factors

Coverage is a measure of signal strength, and is totally independent of the spectrum/capacity available - which is what directly impacts data speed (alongside usage levels)

You can have excellent coverage but poor speeds, just as easily as you can have excellent speeds with poor coverage. There will always be local differences, but nationally the 4 main networks are generally ranked consistently for data service.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks