cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I not able to upgrade before I move to o2?

djr_uk
Up to speed

trying to upgrade my virgin mobile phone to try and get a new contract (cheaper) than what ill get on o2 when i get moved over next month,

the website is crashing and going "OOPPSSS try again soon!"

is this deliberate to stop me upgrading or just the fact its after 10pm?

4 REPLIES 4

djr_uk
Up to speed

djr_uk_0-1689976047530.png

can someone help me?? it seems after the o2 take over the mods aren't present anymore....

Arissa_H
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Djr_uk 👋🏼.

Thank you for posting and welcoming you back onto our community forum 😊.

Sorry to see the website is not letting you upgrade ☹.

The upcoming migration you would not be able to process an upgrade through us.

Once your number has gone over to O2 then you will be able to upgrade directly with them.

Thank you. 

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Arissa.

So even though i'm not upgrading until August i can't upgrade now? 

I've also been told that i can't upgrade to o2 and get the benefits of being a "new customer" as i would lose my phone.

So if you want to keep your number you have to wait until you upgrade over and get the much more expensive contracts that i left o2 over in the first place....ARGHHHHHHHH

Hi Djr_uk,

Thanks for your reply, we're sorry for the frustration this situation may be causing at the moment whilst you're wanting to upgrade 😥

We're afraid that Arissa is correct if you're now within the "soft/hard lock period" before you migrate over to O2's network. 

Due to the migration, your mobile account gets locked and denies any changes on the account, including upgrading. 

The period lasts for 30 days then once you're with O2 you can then begin the upgrade process with them. 

We're sorry that this migration has come at an inconvenience time, O2 will have plenty of good deals that may interest you as well once you've been migrated 😊

Thanks,

Megan_L