cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin monthly to O2 monthly sim swap query

angela65
On our wavelength

Hi, I've just changed my virgin media package, which included a sim, and have been moved to O2. I wanted to keep my number and was advised, whilst on the phone, that the pac code had been generated and was sorted, I didn't need to do anything, just change sims when my new one arrived. O2 sim arrived with very little information but, I switched the sim, typed 'SWAP', followed instructions and got a message saying I was good to go. The sim is working fine but I've now swapped back to my old one as I need my old number. My question is, what happens about porting my number across - will this just happen? Do I just wait until my current sim stops working then change sims? I was told my current mobile account settings would be the same for the O2 account but, whatever I do I am unable to access anything regarding the O2 mobile account, again, do I have to wait until the number has been ported before I can access the O2 online account? Thanks in advance for any help on this subject 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@angela65 wrote:

Hi Martin, I did receive an email but was told I didn't need to do anything as they had sorted it all, I was told to ignore the email. I specifically asked if I had to do anything as I have only recently ported over to virgin so have experience of transferring a number. I can see a pac code on my Virgin mobile account though - does this mean I was mis informed? I do need to act to get the number ported?

The PAC should have been linked to your O2 SIM when it was set up for a the Volt bundle.

What that should mean is within the 24 hours of the O2 SIM activating, your number is transferred across from the Virgin Mobile one to the O2 one. At that point the Virgin Mobile SIM would stop working.

When did you activate your O2 SIM?

As @Martin_N says, O2 can confirm if the PAC is applied to your O2 SIM or not.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

52 REPLIES 52

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi angela65,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry for any frustration with this. 

To confirm, have you been provided a PAC code from ourselves?

^Martin

angela65
On our wavelength

Hi Martin, I did receive an email but was told I didn't need to do anything as they had sorted it all, I was told to ignore the email. I specifically asked if I had to do anything as I have only recently ported over to virgin so have experience of transferring a number. I can see a pac code on my Virgin mobile account though - does this mean I was mis informed? I do need to act to get the number ported?

Thank you for that information. What I would advise is getting the PAC code and contacting O2 and requesting they apply the PAC code to the number you have been provided by O2. 

^Martin

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@angela65 wrote:

The PAC should have been linked to your O2 SIM when it was set up for a the Volt bundle.

What that should mean is within the 24 hours of the O2 SIM activating, your number is transferred across from the Virgin Mobile one to the O2 one. At that point the Virgin Mobile SIM would stop working.

When did you activate your O2 SIM?

As @Martin_N says, O2 can confirm if the PAC is applied to your O2 SIM or not.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

angela65
On our wavelength

Hi Martin, I only activated it last night so will wait the 24hrs and see if it does just change. Many thanks!

Thank you for that information. 

Please do keep us posted on this. 

^Martin

angela65
On our wavelength

3 days on from activating my sim and nothing has happened.

Eventually managed to get through to O2 who confirmed my pac code had not been activated by the Virgin Media agent who dealt with changing my package - my beef is, why tell me to do nothing? 

The number porting will now complete on Monday.

Up to now I've never had any problems getting issues sorted in the 22 years I've been with Virgin (originally NTL) This package change has been frought with issues, 90 mins on the phone querying my bill one day to be told the increase was due to postage of new handsets, then it wasn't that, it was something else but no one could explain, they just kept telling me what my next bill was going to be when I wanted to know why my current bill had changed. Asked to be put through to complaints ( who was a very rude and curt individual) who once again, kept explaining my new package then - the icing on the cake - they hung up on me! Top it off with the failure to activate my pac code - not a happy person right now 😡

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi angela65,

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community!

So sorry for any issues faced with this change.

As @BenMcr stated, the PAC should've been sorted with the original order.

I can see since posting you've been in contact with our team, has the PAC situation been sorted now?

With regard to the increase you have mentioned here, can I ask for clarification on that i.e. is this related to your package etc.

Finally has a complaint not been raised on the account yet? If not you can via this link and our team will gladly assist with this.

Thanks,

Kain

angela65
On our wavelength

Hi Kain, 

Yes, the pac has now been sorted and thanks also for confirming the pac should have been sorted on the original order, this was obviously missed.

My original package bill due to come out had been increased and I just wanted to know why and why I'd not been advised this would happen. I also note a slight difference on my new package pending bill, above the quoted standard monthly cost, so have asked why both bills carry an adjustment, surely it should only be one?

I have just completed an online form to raise a complaint as the phone method didn't work, no faith in that when they just hung up on me 😯

Back to packing up the virgin 3 hub they sent me for some reason with the remotes for the 360 upgrade, I've not long ago had a new hub 5 sent so why this was sent to me I have no idea.

Hoping this will have a positive outcome... I'll let you know.