cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increasing the number of rings on a Virgin landline

Mickrick1
Joining in

I read reply by Carley_S to adebisi dated 10-7-23 about increasing the number of rings on my landline to 10. I have just been given the exact opposite response from a call agent saying I can't increase the number of rings unless I switch to VOIP (this was after 40 minutes of trying and a swift disconnection after I said I wanted to escalate this 😯). I suspect the call agents are being pushed to get people to move to VOIP where they can.

I still have a phone connected to a telephone socket and want to increase the number of rings before the Virgin answerphone kicks in. I do not want to swap to VOIP. Can this still be done?

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2

Mickrick1
Joining in

Can any moderator help with this?

Hi there @Mickrick1 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry for any confusion regarding this, I'd be more than happy to take a look into extending the rings for you now and will pop a private message across.

It is worth noting that all landlines will be moving over to a fibre connection, with all landlines looking to be switched by 2025 so this will need to be something that is done in the future. 

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.